Woodward Inc CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT SPECIALIST in Zeeland, Michigan
Under the direction of and reporting to the Global Continuous Improvement Manager, the Global Continuous Improvement Specialist will teach New Member, Greenbelt, Champions and Woodward's general Membership on the principles of BTO Lean Six Sigma. The CI Specialist will support a One Woodward approach to BTO Lean Six Sigma.
- Work with members of the organization to identify and implement process improvements using Six Sigma, Lean and Kaizen methodologies.
- Facilitate workshops, projects and project reviews for Woodward members.
- Facilitate process improvement training for Woodward members.
- Track and report project results to leadership team as appropriate.
- Interface cross-functionally with internal members and/or external clients.
- Assist in leveraging improvements to other programs and business units as requested.
- Complete written and verbal communications to provide best practice sharing throughout the organization.
- Assist in maintaining and enhancing the Six Sigma tools that will provide a process improvement knowledge library to the Global Woodward membership.
- Minimum of 20% travel time will be required (both domestically and internationally) to support other business unit's process improvement activities and may include travel to customers and suppliers.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Working Environment / Physical Activities:
- Telephone, desktop and/or laptop computer, copy machine and fax.
- Digital display unit and digital camera.
- Six Sigma, Lean and Kaizen training modules and materials.
- General workshop supplies for process mapping, simulations, brainstorming, etc.
- Participates in a regular 40 hour work schedule with overtime as required to meet business objectives.
- Work is generally performed in a normal work environment; however, the job may take the member into various areas of the plant where there is possible exposure to noise, chemical solutions, dust and temperatures above 80 degrees F.
- Some direct supervision will be required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean and Kaizen methodologies.
- Technical competency in Lean Six-Sigma skills: DMAIC, BTO, Lean, Kaizen, project management techniques.
- Demonstrated creative problem solving skills, conflict resolution skills, excellent oral and written communication skills (including listening skills) and consistant attention to detail.
- Ability to plan and manage workshops, projects and training sessions effectively.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams in workshops, projects and effectively speak before groups.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data collection, metrics and the use of performance targets in tracking process improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate WISE.
- Ability to influence change in a positive spirit of cooperation and collaboration.
Education or Formal Training:
- Associates degreerequired.
- Six Sigma Greenbelt Certification required.
- Successful completion of Six Sigma Blackbelt training within 12 months of entry to position.
- ASQ certification (CQIA, CQT, CQA, CQE) or related certification desired.
- Minimum three years exposure to manufacturing and quality business processes (transactional or operational).
- Previous process improvement experience (Six Sigma, Lean, Kaizen) with demonstrated track record of results.
- Previous experience with statistical software desirable.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR and EAR, or possess all required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State Department and the U.S. Department of Commerce. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Woodward is an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of control solutions for the aerospace and energy markets. Our aerospace systems and components optimize the performance of fixed wing and rotorcraft platforms in commercial, business and military aircraft, ground vehicles and other equipment. Our energy-related systems and components enhance the performance of industrial gas and steam turbines, reciprocating engines, compressors, wind turbines, electrical grids and other energy-related industrial equipment. The company’s innovative fluid energy, combustion control, electrical energy, and motion control systems help customers offer cleaner, more reliable and more efficient equipment. Our customers include leading original equipment manufacturers and end users of their products.
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job: Continuous Improvement
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Zeeland
Schedule: FULL TIME
Shift: 1st Shift / Day Job
Job Posting: Feb 11, 2021, 1:30:48 PM
Req ID: 2100393