Moeller Aerospace Program Manager – Wixom, MI in Wixom, Michigan
Careers Program Manager – Wixom, MI
Moeller Aerospace is a manufacturing facility specializing in precision-machined parts for the gas turbine aircraft engine and power generation industries. Our headquarters is located in Wixom, Michigan and is responsible for all customer support including design, engineering, manufacturing, quality assurance, and customer shipments.
This position with their assigned support team directs and manages both new and legacy part jobs with primary emphasis on New Product Introduction (NPI) programs and projects. The individual is responsible for the overall direction, communication, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects that is consistent with company strategy, commitments and goals. As the program manager, the scope of the job is to plan, oversee and manage all aspects of the specific project to ensure a successful, on-time, on-budget, high quality program that meets the needs of customer and company.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
– Serve as the liaison between the company and customer for all program matter and is the key customer contact during the NPI process
– Obtain all customer program requirements, targets and dates
– Lead the planning and implementation of project and direct their support team
– Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
– Define project tasks and resource requirements
– Develop full scale project plans and provide all aspects of customer support as required
– Lead the cross functional team to ensure customer milestones are met, manage open issues, clear roadblocks and raise major program issues to appropriate senior management internally as well as the customer
– Ensure program costs meet financial targets prior to launch
– Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
– Provide direction and support to their assigned project team
– Support quality assurance initiatives
– Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
– Implement and manage project changes to achieve project goals
– Provide program closure lesson learned document with assessment of results for future projects
– Responsible for training the program team on procedures and processes as well as enhancing the NPI program structure
- Job Factors and Competencies:
- – Proven ability to learn customer-specific applications and processes
– Proof of hands-on practical experience leading and coordinating organization resources and teams
– Must have the ability to lead and influence to get work done through others
– Proven ability to coordinate activities between engineering, manufacturing, quality, procurement, sales and outside customers
– Proven resourcefulness and presentation / communication skills
– Component manufacturing and processing knowledge and leadership experience
– Demonstrate a “JUST GET IT DONE” attitude and drive with a sense of urgency
– Demonstrate good written, planning and organizational skills
– Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Education / Experience:
– Bachelor degree in Engineering or Business is required. PMI certification is a plus
– Minimum 5 years work experience in Sales or Engineering environment with significant customer contact, including supervisory experience; experience with aerospace OE or supplier is preferred
– Significant customer contact requires the ability to foster and maintain positive internal and external relationships
– Must have highly developed organizational skills including the ability to prioritize, handle multiple project simultaneously and meet deadlines
– Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
– Knowledge of project management techniques and tools including risk and change management
– Proficient in project management software (MS Project, Word, Excel)We are seeking team players with a focus on continuous improvement opportunities. Experience with ISO 9001 and AS9100 quality systems, advanced quality assurance techniques, and/or aerospace work would be a definite asset.
– Other duties may be assigned.
- Starting wages commensurate with experience. The work environment is temperature-controlled and benefits include medical, dental, optical insurance, life insurance, holidays, vacation, 401(k), etc.
We have state-of-the-art equipment, a clean and temperature-controlled working environment.
Moeller Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
All prospective employees are requested to fill out a voluntary Affirmative Action Survey, available at our website, and submit it with their application.
Due to U.S. Government regulations pertaining to the nature of this work, all candidates must be a U.S. person (i.e., U.S. citizen or possess a valid Green Card) and we will require proof of status prior to employment.
Email us your resume and/or fill out the form below to apply.