Otis Elevator Company Model-Based Design (MBD) Algorithm Staff Engineer in West Mile Rd, Michigan
United States of America
OT556: Farmington Hills, 34705 West 12 Mile Rd, MI, 48331 USA
As the world’s leading provider of elevators, escalators and moving walkways we are in the business of moving more than 2 billion people every day on one of our products. At Otis, we move the world forward, and people are our most important asset.
Our newly established Model Based Design (MBD) team is now developing and maintaining complex end-to-end software systems including embedded, cloud, web, and mobile subsystems. In addition, the Otis software portfolio includes safety critical applications with rigorous verification, validation and certification requirements.
As a MBD Algorithm Development Engineer, you will be a pioneer in the research, development and deployment of control and diagnostic algorithms as part of embedded software applications that control elevator motion, operation, electric drives, and safety. As an embedded algorithm engineer, you will be developing the models/code required in various elevator systems. You will work as part of a software and system development team that is responsible for delivering control features and diagnostics capability to keep Otis at the forefront of technology in the marketplace.
· Work with multi-disciplinary engineering teams to understand functional requirements and implement appropriate control solutions
· Develop models for control and diagnostic algorithms using MBD tools (e.g., MATLAB/Simulink/Stateflow, LabVIEW) that:
· Deliver the required features and functional content to our customers
· Ensure compliance to safety requirements, regulatory requirements, local building codes, and internal company policy
· Ensure optimal implementation with an embedded coder
· Support the development of model-based design tools and processes
· Use advanced techniques to verify functionality and performance of algorithms (MIL/SIL/HIL testing)
· Support the development of Standard Work for the use of the above model-based algorithm development tools and processes
· BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
· Minimum 2 years post graduate experience in industry developing algorithms using model-based design methods and tools (e.g. MATLAB/Simulink)
· Professional experience developing algorithms for production applications
· Must be highly motivated, a self-starter, agile thinker, who is excels at working collaboratively in a team environment
· Highly effective communicator
· MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
· Experience working with rapid control prototyping systems (e.g. dSPACE MicroAutoBox)
· Professional experience defining system requirements and delivering production models and/or software
· Experience developing automated deployed tests using LabVIEW, dSPACE, or an equivalent test platform
· Experience developing of models of physical systems (plant model) for closed loop testing of control and diagnostic algorithms (e.g., in Simulink/Simscape)
· Familiar with and experience working with ICE 61508 or ISO 26262 standards
· Experience working on Agile teams
Otis is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link (https://www.otis.com/corporate/privacy-policy/Job-Applicant/) to read the Policy and Terms
We go to great lengths to hire and develop the best people, and offer a supportive environment where employees are motivated and empowered to perform at their full potential. Today, we continue pushing the boundaries of what's possible to thrive in a taller, faster, smarter world.
Otis Elevator Company
- Otis Elevator Company Jobs