General Motors Power Signal Distribution Systems Component Validation Engineer - ENG0037708 in Warren, Michigan
The primary responsibility of the CVE is to ensure that validation is rigorously completed on-time with excellence.
The CVE is the voice of component validation for his/her assigned Program Validation Team and the SMT.
Optimize a comprehensive and detailed plan to develop and validate the assigned component to its technical requirements.
GM internal planning:
Modify/update component specific Appendix G2, review with TIE, and upload to eSOR
- Attend supplier tech reviews and communicate specific ADVP&R requirements.
- Review and approve final supplier ADVP&R
- Support definition of the GMW3172 Code for SSTS/CTS Sections 3 & 4
- Support CTS/SSTS/FTS peer review.
- Define validation requirements for SSTS/CTS Section 4 including VCRI.
- CVE to support kickoff meeting with SME for CG2999
Ensure validation is completed on-time with excellence
Internal to GM
Track the execution of component software and hardware validation and facilitate approval with SMEs
- CVE to update component scorecard weekly by noon on Fridays.
- Verbally communicates program status to VVE where a change in status occurs
- Document test failures via PRTS or ESIMS.
- Support the TIE with Closed Loop Learning process for PRTS closure.
- CVE supports 5-phase creation for validation issues as needed
- Signs off on EWOs/TWOs at appropriate stages
- Escalates issues to validation leadership
- Issues PRRs to suppliers or supports SQE to issue PRR
- Evaluate impacts to program team change requests (CR/DN)
- Evaluate impacts to Synergy CRs.
- Participate in the CG3000 (Software Change Description) reviews as needed
- Supports storage of FMVSS documentation
- Tracks compliance to Cyber security initiatives.
- Confirm TALC approvals with DRE.
- CVE to confirm with DRE for completion of AVSS as necessary.
- System safety testing
- Serial data and Diagnostics
- Reviews and approves deviation EWOs with CVE Manager.
- CVE supports PPAP sign-off by signing validation approval.
- Facilitate validation coordination meeting with supplier validation representatives.
Other responsibilities in support of programs and SMT:
- Actively participates in all aspects of the DREs PDT.
- Support program team meetings as needed
- Support design peer reviews, HVF activities and wiring WHAs per program timing.
- Support DRBFM
- Support component DRBTR with supplier
- Attend vehicle level DRBTR events as needed
CVE supports DFMEA meetings
Bachelors of Science in Engineering
- At least 5 years of experience in automotive design and/or validation of BECs, Battery cables and wiring.
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- High level of organizational skills - Able to manage multiple projects across multiple programs.
- Able to work within a team of engineers and communicate issues and testing results effectively
- Understanding of engineering theory and principles of operation of mechanical/electrical mechanisms.
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area.
- Exhibits appropriate interpersonal styles, teamwork skills, and communication methods to work effectively with cross-functional and cross-cultural business partners to meet mutual goals
- Specific knowledge of engineering discipline (e.g. mechanics, physics, metallurgy, manufacturing methods)within job-related area
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex
- Ability to multitask by handling diverse assignments concurrently
- DFSS Black Belt