General Motors GSSLT Seat Electrical Integration BOM Family Owner (BFO) Electronic Control Units/Modules - ENG0043868 in Warren, Michigan
Responsible as BOM Family Owner Seat Electronic Control Units (ECUs)/Modules (strategy, development and integration) within the Global Sub-System Leadership Team (GSSLT) in seating. Specifically working with Electrical SMT, and program teams to drive best in class features into the seating sub-system. Areas of responsibility include supporting electrical module development, technical leadership of the eSOR definition of requirements and technical specifications, design, development and integration of Seat electrical modules into seat complete subsystems and integration into the overall vehicle electrical architecture. A considerable amount of creativity and initiative are involved as well as a high level of independent judgment. Knowledge of vehicle electrical architecture, automotive electronic development is a must for success in this role. Seating knowledge is preferred.
- Support the GSSLT for the design development and integration of global seating electrical modules into the vehicle electrical system supporting the seating technical team.
- Coordinate integration and tradeoffs between key vehicle systems and seat sub-systems / components to optimize the overall enterprise cost and product performance.
- Provide technical leadership for overall seat performance and associated tradeoffs for comfort, crash worthiness, cost and mass of the JIT seating systems within the scope seat electrical control units (ECUs) /modules and integration.
- Collaborate/coach global DRE seat engineers on technical correctness of seat ECUs/modules.
- Functionally lead the development of seat ECUs/modules core DFMEAs for JIT systems
- Functionally lead the evolution of the seat ECU/module portion of Seating SSTS/CTS
- Functionally lead the development/maturity of the seat ECU/module CTS for Seat owned electronic modules (Heat Vent Seat Module (HVSM), Memory Bolster Module (MBM), Adaptive Biometric (BSCM), Rear Folding Seat Module (FSM), etc.)
- Support the development enterprise cost optimization scenarios and lead their implementation
- Lead the knowledge management activities and insure QRD, PRTS, validation, and simulation lessons learned are captured and applied across the portfolio.
- Lead seat system innovation strategy for seat complete systems in the seat ECU/module domain.
- Lead focused problem solving efforts on significant cost/quality/warranty issues on seat programs in the seat ECU/module domain.
- Regular attendee and engagement Seat Peer Reviews as seat ECU/module expert.
- Determine impacts of regulatory advisories and confirm appropriate implementation activities across the seat portfolio in the seat ECU/module domain.
- Leverage strategic suppliers and GM homerooms to develop and implement new innovation technologies in the seating space
- Train and support seating engineers in technical problem solving in the seat ECU/module domain..
- Lead/coach seat engineering in approaches to requirements development in the seat ECU/module domain.
- Utilize DFSS methodologies to insure robust design development and trade off management in the seat ECU/module domain
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience in electrical / electronic component and sub-system development with demonstrated level success.
- Demonstrated sub system expertise in electronic modules
- Understanding of electrical system requirements and trade offs
- Excellent cross-functional communication skills – able to build effective coalitions
- Ability to break down complex issues into understandable pieces
- Ability to explain technical issues in simple terms
- Demonstrated ability to “deal with ambiguity” while driving timely decision making toward issue resolution
- Ability to manage a multitude of assignments, programs and strategic initiatives with high levels of composure and effective implementation.
- Experience with DFMEAs, PFMEAs, Design For Six Sigma/Evidence Based Decision Making, Red X, DOORs, Rational Team Concert, Environmental Durability and Electromagnetic Compatibility Testing, ASIL, Cybersecurity, Software Validation, NeoVi/Vehicle Spy preferred
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering (Required)
- DFSS Green Belt (Preferred)
- General Motors Jobs