General Motors Architecture Engineer - Senior - ENG0038779 in Warren, Michigan
The Electrical Functional Architect will be responsible for:
- Reviewing vehicle functional requirements documented in Subsystem Technical Specifications (SSTS) and provide feedback to requirements authors improve clarity or consistency with established GM requirements strategies.
- Analyzing feature definitions, evaluating function partitioning, allocation scenarios, and establishing the primary design direction of software elements in the system.
- Developing System Design decompositions of electrical features and functions comprehending system constraints, cost/resource optimizations, robustness, and implementation complexities.
- Creating and maintaining the system design documented trough UML Model for assigned subsystems using the Rhapsody tool according to the established release schedule.
- Executing Infrastructure application software modeling at the AUTOSAR application level
- Providing input data set for Network Engineering and ECU Software configuration.
- Reviewing Node/Feature report output from UML Model extraction script to verify correct information prior to delivery to Network Engineering team.
- Collaborating with Architecture Analysis team to execute required analyses related to time latency, BUS bandwidth and overall feature performance
- 5+ years of overall industry experience
- Experience in IBM Rational Change and IBM Rational Synergy (formerly Telelogic Change / CM Synergy) change and configuration management tools.
- Experience in IBM DOORs, Big Lever GEARS and Rhapsody
- Experience in AUTOSAR applications
- Experience developing automotive electrical components and/or systems
- Experience developing UML-based system and/or software models
- Experience with embedded software engineering practices, structured analysis, design methodologies, and object oriented concepts
- Experience of major automotive electrical subsystems (Body, Chassis, Powertrain, Infotainment, Safety, etc.)
- Ability to identify non-compliance to standards and resolve the issues
- Bachelors Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Proficient in Electrical System enabling technologies: AUTOSAR, CAN, LIN, ISO14229, etc.
- DFSS Green Belt Certification
- Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering or Software engineering