Cosma International Systems Architect in Troy, Michigan
Magna Powertrain is a premier supplier for the global automotive industry with full capabilities in powertrain design, development, testing and manufacturing. Offering complete system integration sets us apart from our competitors. An operating group of Magna International, Magna Powertrain is headquartered in Troy, Michigan with 50 plus locations globally.
This position is responsible for providing engineering leadership in the area of new product development, new, customer applications, and the technical advancement of the product portfolio. Responsible for developing concepts/designs and developing into specific applications according to the product portfolio roadmap. Works closely with Sales, Product Management, and OEM advanced engineering. Must have demonstrated ability to deliver creative solutions within the automotive applications.
- Responsible for new product concepts, and advancement of product portfolio.
- Product concepts include, and are not limited to, 4WD, AWD, and Electrification product lines
- Responsible for concepts for “Acquisition Projects” / Customer RFQ responses.
- Develop concepts according to product portfolio roadmap and analyze for feasibility.
- Guide and collaborate with functional organization for product concept and Core Technologies development.
- Lead mechanical system for Customer Application Design, Development, Release, and problem resolution for new and existing 4WD, AWD, and electrification products.
- Cascade of specifications from system to components and delivery of product designs to the specifications.
- Participate in the research and analysis of opportunities for innovative products, stay informed of industry trends and company strategy.
- Practice and maintain integrity while following Magna’s Charter and Constitution.
- Follow Magna’s Code of Conduct and Ethics and related compliance policies.
- Supports and adheres to policies, procedures, and operational guidelines related to established quality management system (IATF).
- Drive the development of new technologies to improve quality, efficiency and reduce cost.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures to ensure duties of self are performed in a safe manner.
- Health & Safety responsibilities:
Understand applicable Environmental, Health & Safety policies and procedures in the workplace.
Report unsafe conditions immediately.
Report injuries, accidents, illnesses, near misses, property damage immediately.
Follow safety rules.
Comply with requirements for the use or operation of machines or equipment.
Comply with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements.
- Create a positive work environment by demonstrating and sharing functional/technical knowledge.
- Develop and maintain a responsive and cooperative working relationship with internal and external customers.
- Treat everyone with dignity, trust and respect.
- Complete additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Knowledge and Education
- B.S. in Engineering required, M.S. Preferred.
- Strong organizational/communication skills to effectively work within Departments.
- External and internal contacts with high degree of diplomacy, judgment and possess ability to deal with and effectively influence persons in all types of positions.
- High level of analytical ability, understanding of engineering theory, and principles of design
- Minimum five (5) years related work experience required; experience in powertrain developments strongly preferred (4WD, AWD and Electrification product lines).
Office environment; Approx. 20% Travel required.
While working in this environment, the employee will be exposed to machinery, moving equipment and material, moderate noise, airborne particles, fumes and various levels of temperature created by the manufacturing process.
- Continuous Quality & Performance Improvement: Able to establish personal standards of quality for own work; independently improve the quality of own work processes products, and/or services; identify and apply “best practices” in own work; improve the efficiency of own work by eliminating barriers and streamlining work processes; measure and track own performance.
- Creativity & Innovation: Able to generate creative ideas to solve problems and improve work methods; apply novel approaches to situations; independently apply professional expertise in ways that are unique or innovative; collaborate with team members to brainstorm creative approaches; rethink situations to create new opportunities or overcome obstacles.
- Problem Solving & Analysis: Able to gather appropriate data and diagnose the cause of a problem before taking action; separate causes from symptoms; apply lessons learned from others who encountered similar problems or challenges; anticipate problems and develop contingency plans to deal with them; develop and evaluate alternative courses of action.
- Technical/Functional Expertise: Able to demonstrate mastery of the technical/functional skills necessary for performing own job; maintain state-of-the-art knowledge of the advances in field; regularly publish or present on leading-edge issues; conduct leading-edge research or similar work that has organization-wide impact; play a key role in advancements in profession.
Group: Magna Powertrain
Division: Magna Powertrain Troy - Driveline Systems
Job Type: Regular