Siemens Strategic Student Program Technical Research Intern (Summer 2021; Troy, MI; SISW - PLM) in Troy, Michigan
Siemens IndustrySoftware Inc.
Strategic StudentProgram (SSP)
Discover your career with us at Siemens Industry Software Inc!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
Currently we’re recruiting for our Spring and Summer 2021 Strategic Student Program. Our student positions will allow you to find a career path that most inspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world problems, and turn theory into practice. At Siemens, our goal is to empower our students to become the next leaders of our company.
We have positions available in Product Marketing, Technical Marketing, and Global Marketing. More information on our specific roles are included in this document.
· Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
Authorizedto work in the United States without the need for future or currentsponsorship by the company
Preferred sophomore or later status
Able to work from Troy or Livonia, MIwithout relocation assistance
Paid volunteer time off
Employee discounts at our top customersites
Networking with our global leaders
Mentorship from senior engineers
Individual career development planning
Professional and technical workshops
Potentialfor full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program
The Industrial Machinery Technical Engineer intern will assist the Industrial Machinery industry organization in building and supporting proof of concept projects for the Siemens Software’s industry go-to market ecosystem. The technical engineer intern will work on projects that support large and small companies developing software, hardware, machine tools, computers and peripherals that are complementary to Siemens products. Work focus on mechanical design, automation programming and electrical design. The intern should be excited about technology application, collaborate well, be highly organized and detail-oriented as well as self-motivated, goal-oriented and possess good interpersonal communication skills. The intern will champion projects that will:
· Research current automation technology projects focused on industrial PLC programming with emphasis on understanding complementary and competitor industry focused product offering.
· Develop and implement proof of concept projects focused on automation using Polarion software with connections to Teamcenter.
· Knowledge of code repository tools such as Git, SVN and Jira.
· Ability to develop relationships with industry and business segment teams to share understanding and learnings.
· Investigate new opportunities and recommend new strategies to provide concept value to the Industry team supporting business segments within Siemens Digital Industries Software
· GPA of a 3.0 or higher
· Eligible to work in the U.S. without current or future sponsorship from the company
· Has completed or currently enrolled in classes related to marketing, digital marketing, communications, or related fields
· Major in Mechanical / Electrical / Computer Engineering preferred
· Strong, polished oral and written communications skills
· Basic understanding and working experience with Microsoft Office tools
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp%20EnglishformattedESQA508c.pdf) .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here (https://new.siemens.com/us/en/general/legal/us-internet-privacy-notice-state-rights.html) .
- Siemens Jobs