Cosma International Robotics Software Intern in Troy, Michigan
Magna is a company of entrepreneurial-minded people dedicated to delivering innovative solutions today while defining tomorrow. We are a mobility technology company and one of the world’s largest suppliers to the automotive industry. Our agility and expertise make us the ideal partner for autonomy, electrification and building complete vehicles.
The intern will work closely with robotics engineer to integrate machine vision and/or robot hardware solution to practical robotic applications. The candidate will construct software, write hardware interface, implement the solution(s), test the solution(s), and present technical results of the implementation. In this exciting hands-on work, the candidate will have the opportunity to learn and work on a real-world manufacturing robotic application, and be able to see the immediate results from his/her implementation.
The candidate will implement the machine vision software system in Linux/ROS environment for robotics application. Specifically, the candidate will:
- Research and understand the available software package/libraries
- Create, modify and implement the software packages/libraries to a practical application
- Create and write the interfaces to vision sensor/camera and/or robot hardware
- Test and evaluate the software, potentially comparison with multiple available software packages/libraries
- Present technical results and provide recommendation based on the case study
Knowledge and Education
- Current student of electrical engineering, or computer engineering/science, mechanical engineering, or equivalent engineering, math or science discipline
- Senior or Graduate student is preferred
- C or C++ (or closely related) programming experience is required. Software development experience in Linux and ROS is highly preferred and will be beneficial.
- Some related experience in robotics (kinematics/dynamics) and/or machine vision experience (especially in 3D point cloud), electro-mechanical system interfaces, CAD & CAE are preferred but not required
Skills and Competencies
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Ability to work on complex engineering systems in creative ways
- Professional Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Normal amount of sitting or standing, average mobility to move around an office environment, able to conduct normal amount of work at a computer
- The candidate may be exposed to the automotive manufacturing environment
Group: Magna Corporate
Division: Magna Services of America
Job Type: Internship