Aerotek Embedded Software Engineer - Linux in Troy, Michigan
• Design, develop and verify C/C++ based embedded Linux software through the full SDLC
• Participate in design reviews, API development, and documentation
• Develop software architecture for the tasks and task timing for the Linux or other RTOS’s
• Collaborate with hardware engineers to define the hardware/software interface in terms of microcontroller pin assignments, mixed signal processing algorithms, signal scaling/resolution/timing, and diagnostic fault condition algorithms.
• Participate as a member of a Scum team as part of the Agile process. This includes helping plan the sprint, story point estimates, participate daily stand up meeting, backlog grooming and sprint retrospective
• Analyze ECU requirements specifications and identify or create software requirements
• Write software design specifications, software interface specifications, and software verification documents.
• Create and execute software unit tests to verify design has been met. This includes both simulated test and debugging target hardware
• Use common embedded hardware equipment and communication bus analyzers
• Participate in peer source code and design reviews
• Mentor and train junior level engineers
• Communicate technical project updates to EASi customers
C++, Embedded c, Embedded software, Microcontroller, Firmware, Linux, autosar
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with full SDLC for Linux based embedded software
• Strong knowledge of the C++ programming languages (data types, memory management, peripheral device drivers, conditional statements, pointers, structures, etc).
• Experience with Linux kernel development, Linux device drivers and device trees.
• Strong debugging/trouble-shooting skills of Embedded Linux systems
• Experience with ARM based SOC architecture
• Can mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
• Comfortable taking initiative and working across teams
• Excellence in technical communication with peers, partners, and non-technical co-workers
• Knowledge and experience working on Boot loaders and low-level drivers.
• Expertise in C++ OOP’s architecture including the STL library with a good understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms.
• Experience with common debugging tools such as oscilloscope, network analyzer, CAN interface tools, emulators.
• Knowledge of network communication protocols (Ethernet, TCP/IP, UDP)
• Good oral and written communication skills with the ability to professionally support periodic communication to management and technical teams is required.
Nice to Have:
• Experience in the automotive, construction, heavy haul, or off highway transportation industries Knowledge of the AUTOSAR Architecture standard and calibration tools such as EB tresos or ETAS
• Experience with Agile Scrum development methodologies and common workflow tools: GIT, Jira, etc
• Ability to create supporting documentation such as design documents, architecture diagrams, test procedures and reports
Amazing begins here. EASi is a leading global services company specializing in engineering and sciences. For more than 35 years, EASi has delivered critical services across a range of industries, including energy and utilities, transportation, heavy equipment, consumer and industrial products, medical devices, pharmaceutical and biotechnology, as well as academic and health care research. By adapting to the constantly evolving needs of our customers, we have built specialized expertise and a multidisciplinary perspective - leveraging cutting-edge technology and processes - to constantly improve and innovate. Through EASi's flexible solutions and consultative approach, customers in engineering and sciences can expect unparalleled quality, increased speed to market and collaborative customer engagement services.
Headquartered in Hanover, Maryland, EASi has 3,700 dedicated employees across North America, Europe and Asia. EASi is an Aerotek company, a leader in the recruiting and staffing industry. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group® Inc., a global leader in talent solutions. To learn more about EASi, visit EASi.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs