Munson Medical Center Senior Data Science Professional in Traverse City, Michigan
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, Healthcare Administration, Operations Management, Engineering or other healthcare discipline required. Advanced degree and/or CBIP, CPHIMS, Data Mining or other relevant certification strongly preferred.
· Five or more years of experience in a relevant analytical role across a variety of projects and customer groups
· Strong analytical and integrative skills including ability to formulate/draw conclusions and identify trends from data in a logical and systematic manner.
· Extensive experience solving analytical problems using systemic and creative analytic techniques, quantitative approaches, statistical programming and specialty solutions
· Ability to manipulate and analyze complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
· Demonstrated experience with design, implementation and maintenance of databases/ data marts
· Familiarity with relational databases and tools such as SQL, SSRS, etc. Experience with analytical programs (R, SAS, SPSS, Minitab, etc.) preferred. Working knowledge of research methodology and statistical inference preferred.
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience developing complex data transformations (ETL) and normalizations from multiple sources
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
· Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner that can be understood by customers
· Demonstrated skill in data visualization, interpretation and story-telling
· Strong interpersonal skills. Able to communicate and interact effectively with stakeholders from all levels of the organization.
· Demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships with a variety of customers while providing data and information to meet the organization’s needs.
This position is under the supervision of the Director of Performance Services.
This position does not have direct supervisory responsibility, although may give direction to other department members in the course of project management.
Must be able to work independently and prioritize projects as assigned by various individuals.
AGE OF PATIENT SERVED
No clinical contact with patients.
Support the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare
Embrace and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare
Promote personal and patient safety
Work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Establish trusted consultative relationships with a variety of senior leaders, supplying high-value information for decision-making pursuing an ongoing conversation with the data
Work with customers and co-suppliers to translate complex business needs into data requirements. Document required business logic.
Facilitate and design complex data integration models using data from various internal and external sources
Develop complex data transformations and normalizations to meet customer needs.
Develop intuitive data visualizations in a variety of formats suitable for different users, promoting effective data-driven decision making
Oversees the structuring of large quantities of unstructured data. Efficiently and consistently extract and manipulate big data from disparate sources into usable intelligence.
Formulates strategic and tactical conclusions from data review and analyses. Make recommendations to senior leadership in an easy to understand communication method.
Design, develop and oversee routine production of scorecards, dashboards, benchmarking results, and other clinical, operational and financial analytics
Performs complex data studies, experiments and data discovery around new data sources or new uses for existing data
Take a leadership role in identifying and resolving data governance/ data integrity problems
Perform all other duties as assigned.