Cosma International Systems Coordinator in Sterling Heights, Michigan
Magna Powertrain is a premier supplier for the global automotive industry with full capabilities in powertrain design, development, testing and manufacturing. Offering complete system integration sets us apart from our competitors. A division of Magna International, MPT Sterling Heights is a Tier-One automotive supplier that machines and assembles metal formed powertrain components.
General Summary: Supports all departments to strengthen existing systems which promote a lean zero defect manufacturing process which engages all employees at all levels of the organization. Be the subject matter specialist, able to interpret requirements and translate them into functional policies, procedures and work instructions to ensure full compliance to all requirements. Coordinates between external certification bodies, Magna, customers, other applicable standards and our internal departments and support groups.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining an efficient, easy to use Business operations system complying with all requirements to prevent waste and engage all employees
- Maintain all standards and documents per internal and external requirements including but not limited to CRS’s, IATF 16949, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, Mafact and other applicable standards
- Perform proper problem solving for all systemic root causes found in internal and external problem solving activities
- Continuous improvement and benchmarking of MPTSH systems
- Facilitate RPN reduction activities
- Schedule LPA’s maintain required LPA metrics, bin results and drive for solutions to detected problems.
- Perform internal audits and LPA audits.
- Plan and facilitate the execution of all internal and external audits. Follow up on findings and actively facilitate the corrective actions to any finding or opportunity for improvements
- Provide administrative support for Quality and Engineering Departments
- Maintain KMI’s for Quality and Engineering Departments
- Maintain KMI Boards in all facilities for all required and posted KMI’s
- Document control for all departments. Maintain documentation and records as required by customers, Magna and governmental regulations.
- Support the APQP process for new programs.
- Monitoring and driving the timely disposition of Quality and Engineering materials on hold
- Setup and maintenance of a system to manage all requirements for part retention requirements
- Understanding all requirements and standards, interpret them into effective system and be the coach to all employees in understanding the requirements and our systems
- Ensure all customer systems are maintained (Examples, certifications, contact information, training requirements…)
- Ensure Managers are informed of any issues of concern and escalate to ensure timely correction of issues.
- Organize and review the evidence of internal Quality Alerts.
- Completes Time & Attendance tasks as required on time.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities, submits regularly improvement suggestions as required.
- Ensure that company policies and procedures are adhered to including IATF 2016:16949 (EMS), and Employee Handbook.
- Must understand and comply with all system requirements
- Provides structured training classes on all systems training, updates and changes
Knowledge and Education
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or technical field preferred or minimum of 2 years previous experience in a manufacturing environment and quality systems.
- Must be a results-oriented team player, effective at problem solving and project planning/organizing, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, high energy level and good attention to detail.
- Knowledge and understanding of the following: PPAP, FMEA, SPC, Gage R & R, Supplier Qualification, Certification Systems, Quality Systems IATF 16949, ISO17025, Customer quality interface and reporting requirements, Interpretation of technical drawings and specifications, Calibration systems, Corrective Action and Preventive Action is preferred.
- Need to understand and be able to teach 8 wastes and 5S mythology preferred.
- Worked in a fast paced and sometimes stressful environment
- Ability to set priorities and multitask projects.
- Able to work hours required to comply with deadlines and to support corrective actions when they are needed.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient on the computer, including knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). Proficient in using and developing Microsoft PowerPoint. Proficient with VISIO. Proficient in using Microsoft Project Management and Adobe tools preferred. CMS/AS400 knowledge preferred.
- Self starter who is positive and professional.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and sometimes stressful environment
- Ability to understand, speak and write English.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent attendance and performance record.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
Skills and Competencies
Language Skills:Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, Standards, specifications or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, presentations, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
Good written and verbal communication skills.
*Mathematical Skills: *Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, sing whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to create and interpret graphs.
*Reasoning Skills: *Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills:To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient on the computer, including knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). Proficient in using and developing Microsoft PowerPoint. Proficient with VISIO. Proficient in using Microsoft Project Management and Adobe tools preferred. CMS/AS400 knowledge preferred.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to be on the production floor where they would be exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the production environment is usually moderate to loud. Hearing protection is required. The employee is occasionally exposed to low levels of vibration. Most times the employee will be in an office setting. The noise level in the office environment is usually low to moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch and lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds. The employee must regularly sit, stand and walk, talk and listen and use a computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Group: Magna Powertrain
Division: Magna Powertrain Sterling Heights
City: Sterling Heights
Job Type: Regular