Raymond James Custody Associate - Southfield in Southfield, Michigan
Under general supervision, uses skills gained through training and experience to perform a variety of operational procedures including stock deposits, interpretation of legal documentation, depository reconciliation and trade reconciliation. Serves as the agent between branches and the home office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Secures physical stock properly per regulatory guidelines.
• Completes due diligence reviews on all incoming securities to mitigate risk.
• Requests various legal documents from branch personnel.
• Answers questions regarding various Custody processes.
• Researches and provides resolution on complex business issues.
• Serves as a back-up in cross-functional responsibilities during absences.
• Maintains a variety of confidential data files and records.
• Prepares client correspondence, instructional letters and various documents.
• Monitors incoming electronic correspondence, mail and documents.
• Reconciles client accounts to reflect transactions.
• Assists management in identifying procedures and policies that are outdated or ineffective.
• Performs box count on a bi-weekly and quarterly basis to ensure proper possession or control of physical stock.
• Assists in special projects.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Microsoft Word, Access, Excel and Outlook to create/update documents, reports, spreadsheets and emails.
• Principles, practices, and procedures of general office concepts and those that govern finance and/or securities industry operations.
• Regulations for specific assigned functional area.
• Analyzing data to identify discrepancies and trends.
• Problem solving.
• Organizational and time management skills to prioritize workflow and ensure duties and projects are completed by deadlines
• Organize, manage, and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
• Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively, both orally and writing, with internal associates and external contacts at all levels.
• Effectively gather all relevant information in order to analyze, research, and resolve business issues in order to make decisions.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in the areas of financial services industry or customer service.
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
Organization: *Operations & Administration
Title: Custody Associate - Southfield
Requisition ID: 1802075