Collabera Android Software Engineer in Southfield, Michigan
Android Software Engineer
• Mobility Platforms and Products (MPP) is growing as an organization focused on delivering software leveraging eXtreme Programming and cloud technology.
• In this environment the Software Engineer is expected to work in a pair developing working, tested code based on proven Lean/Agile methods.
• Software Engineers on the team work across the full stack of technologies to enable the highest priority work to be delivered.
Desired/Preferred Qualifications (In addition to the Required Qualifications):
• Experience with debugging apps is a plus. Having published one or more applications to the Play Store is a plus.
• Able to work independently or as part of a team.
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
• Experience with Spring Cloud and deploying to cloud platforms, preferably
• Pivotal Cloud Foundry or Cloud Foundry.
• 8+ years as a professional software engineer with 3+ years of experience developing native - Android mobile applications (including UI implementation, WebView integration, consumption of XML/JSON/REST services, and SQLite/databases).
• Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes.
• Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
• Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
• Experience with the Android Material Design Interface Guidelines and Android app permissions.
• Experience with RESTful APIs to connect applications to back-end services.
• Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools Familiarity with capabilities including GCM/FCM, camera, multimedia playback
• Experience with unit testing tools such as JUnit , Mockito, Expresso Etc.
• Experience in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools and pipelines such as Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, etc.
• Experience in eXtreme Programming disciplines including Paired programming and Test-first/Test Driven Development (TDD)