General Motors Engineering Business Lead - GPS0004468 in Pontiac, Michigan
The Engineering Business Lead interfaces with program execution teams from all sectors of the GPS business. The primary focus is to provide tools, insight, and key knowledge to senior leaders for the purpose of financially optimal product development. Engineering Business Leads work cross functionally with all teams & regions integrated within the GPS workspace. Budget development activities are conducted in parallel with monthly reporting/forecasting and process development. All of these areas are immersed in Engineering Business Lead activities.
- Execution of standard work.
- Analytics of financial data for the purpose of forecasting.
- Presentation of forecast/analytics data to leadership.
- Liaison for fiduciary matters between all functions in GPS.
- Participation of OpEx projects within all functions of GPS.
- Cost saving initiatives with respect to prototype material and tooling.
- Bachelor's Degree – Finance, Accounting, Math, Science, Engineering, Business, Economics or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in forecasting, finance reporting, business analytics, accounting, or other business-related experience.
- Advanced Excel and Microsoft Development skills to create reporting tools within the given IT supported software packages. Specifically, the EBL must be skilled at creating and using advanced Excel pivot tables.
- Time Management - The Engineering Business Lead must practice clear-cut time management behaviors to be successful. This position requires monthly deliverables and special assignments for analysis. Both must be met with due care and attention to detail.
- Critical Thinking - Assignments are of an ambiguous nature and require out of the box creative solutions.
- Process Development - Refinement of current best practices to improve quality and throughput with standard work, process flow charts, value stream mapping, etc...
- Team Concept - Engineering Business Leads must have the ability to work within multiple cross functions and teams.
- This position requires a degree of interpersonal ability to identify key leading indicators for the purpose of forecasting.
- The Engineering Business Lead must have the ability to deliver truthful, honest, unbiased reports and presentations to senior leadership. They must be able to defend the data that they are presenting and conduct a professional discussion about the findings.
- Financial Reporting - Experience in the reporting structure and practices of Accounting/Finance