Memorial Health Care Center Clinical Analyst in Owosso, Michigan
JOB SUMMARY Under the general supervision of the Clinical Systems Manager, develops and maintains clinical software applications for Memorial Healthcare. Functions as a clinical expert for the hospital information system. Cross trains with other analysts and rotates on call. Strives for superior performance by consistently providing a product or service to leadership and staff that is recognized as ultimately contributing to the patient and family experience. Recognizes and demonstrates understanding of patient- and family-centered care. JOB RELATIONSHIPS Responsible To: Clinical Systems Manager
Workers Supervised: Interdepartmental project team members.
Inter-Relationships: Network Analyst, Financial Analyst, Help Desk, Leadership, Administration, Physicians, and other employees as necessary, internal and external customers.
- Analyzes, develops, and maintains computer applications, procedures and other systems that satisfy the needs of the end-user departments.
- Analyzes and develops necessary design work, including testing and documentation. Reviews, evaluates and implements requests from user departments.
- Oversees computer applications to ensure proper use and security.
- Analyzes problems, determines cause and initiates corrective action.
- Develops clear and concise documentation, instruction manuals.
- Provides in-service and other forms of continuing education on software and hardware to users.
- Coordinates and installs new software applications with user departments.
- Maintains a high level of interaction with all clinical areas to continually enhance/improve patient are and the end-user experience.
- Shares on-call duties with other individuals within Information Services.
- Coordinates and participates in both internal and external user group functions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and supports hospital mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality statements, corporate compliance plan, customer service standards, and code of ethical behavior. DEPARTMENTAL AND ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Has a working knowledge of all software modules of the HIS and hardware troubleshooting.
- Stays current with technology through seminars, educational opportunities, and trade magazines.
- Other duties as assigned. JOB SPECIFICATIONS EDUCATION
- Associate Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Computer Science, Healthcare or related field (Medical Technology, Nursing, Rehabilitation, Pharmacy, etc.). EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of three years of experience with computer information systems, software applications, and providing support to users or equivalent experience in Healthcare Information Management required.
- A minimum of two years of work experience in Radiology, Nursing, Laboratory, or related field.
- Experience in inter- and intra-departmental communications required. Highly effective and proven customer service skills required. ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL ABILITIES/MOTOR SKILLS
- Able to travel independently throughout all Memorial Healthcare facilities.
- Small motor skills required for operating modern computer, office, and telephone equipment as utilized by Memorial Healthcare (MHC). ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL ABILITIES
- Proficiency using modern office, computer and telephone equipment as used by Memorial Healthcare.
- Basic computer skills are required including keyboarding, MS Windows and/or PC's, thin clients, printers, and understanding of general technical concepts used in Healthcare Information Management.
- Basic understanding of Client / Server computing, Remote Access, Server and Application monitoring. ESSENTIAL MENTAL ABILITIES
- Ability to adapt and maintain focus in fast paced, quickly changing or stressful situations.
- Ability to read and interpret a variety of documents including, but not limited to policies, operating instructions, white papers, regulations, rules and laws. ESSENTIAL SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
- Able to see for the purpose of reading information received in formats including but not limited to paper, computer, tablets, reports, bulletins, updates, manuals.
- Able to see and hear for work-related purposes.
- Must be able to lift printers, terminals, and other hardware not to exceed 25 pounds. INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
- Ability to interact with co-workers, hospital staff, administration, patients, physicians, the public and all internal and external customers in a professional and effective, courteous and tactful manner, at all times, physically, verbally and in all written and electronic communication.
- Required to remain calm when adversity is encountered.
- Open, honest, and tactful communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team member in all activities.
- Positive, cooperative and motivated attitude.