BlackBerry Corporation Systems Software Developer in Novi, Michigan
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
* Job Description: *
The QNX Neutrino Real-Time Operating System is at the heart of systems ranging from automotive infotainment to nuclear power controllers to medical devices. Components of the QNX Neutrino RTOS cover a wide range of software and hardware technologies: the kernel, device drivers, power management, along with software stacks for storage devices, networking, Bluetooth, graphics, audio and multimedia.
QNX Momentics is an industry-leading set of development tools based on Eclipse for developing software to run on QNX Neutrino.
The successful candidate will work together with both our engineering teams and our customers to create and realize software solutions in response to our customer product development activities.
- Work with customers regarding product performance, problems and system design. Investigate difficult and complex product problems by applying knowledge of design principles, procedures and practices.
- Develop custom software solutions based on customer requirements.
- Address escalations to troubleshoot complex technical problems and help drive teams to discover causes and appropriate remedial actions.
- Develop prototype and demonstration systems as technology samples for customer use as needed / appropriate.
- Ensures compliance to workplace operating and environmental, health and safety procedures and guidelines.
- Provide on-site consulting services as needed / appropriate.
*SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS*
- Enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's Degree program pursuing and Engineering degree
- Familiarity with QNX, Linux or other UNIX-like / POSIX compliant operating systems
- Programming experience in C and scripting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
An eagerness to learn and solve problems
Job Family Group Name: Product Development
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
We are BlackBerry, a global mobile communications leader who revolutionized the industry with its introduction in 1999. Today, BlackBerry’s products and services, from messaging to enterprise mobility, are relied on by millions of individuals every day to securely and efficiently connect them to the content and people that matter most. At BlackBerry our instinct for innovation is relentless, so as we continue to push the boundaries of mobile experiences, we continue to drive the talent, passion and creativity of our employees.
©2016 BlackBerry. All right reserved. BlackBerry® and related trademarks, names, and logos are the property of BlackBerry Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
It is the policy of BlackBerry to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled