Daifuku Web Holding Company JBW Senior Full Stack Developer in Novi, Michigan
Jervis B. Webb Company is a subsidiary of Daifuku North America Holding Company (daifukuna.com), a group company of Daifuku in Japan - the largest material handling company in the world. Our advanced systems move everything from car bodies at auto plants to luggage at airports to packaged goods at warehouses. We are known as experts in engineering, manufacturing and servicing innovative automated materials handling systems including conveyors, automatic guided vehicles, automated storage & retrieval systems, and integrated controls.
The company is currently seeking an experiencedSenior Full Stack Developer.
Position Summary/ Primary Purpose
Reports to the Software Engineering Manager and works as a member of a small (approx 2 to 4 person) project team. Works, as directed, on the research, design, development, and testing of computer systems-level software and network distribution software for Airport Baggage Handling and Automated Guided Vehicle applications. Authors and reviews operational specifications, formulates, and analyzes software requirements. The Software Developer Level 2 applies principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis to software development.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Ability to ramp up quickly to fully understand the existing Browser based User interface developed for Automated Guided Vehicle applications for material handling applications.
- Ability to ramp up quickly to fully understand the existing Browser based User interface developed for Automated Baggage Handling applications for the airport/airline industry.
- Responsible for the design, development and testing of feature rich web applications.
- Technical Leader on selected projects
- Work with project team members and with other technical departments in the design, development, testing and deployment of Automated Baggage Handling (ABH) applications for the airport/airline industry.
- Work with project team members and with other technical departments in the design, development, testing and deployment of Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV) applications for material handling applications.
- Mentor junior software developers on technologies used for development projects.
- Assist in the production and review the related product/project documentation for both internal and external use.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed to meet product/project goals.
Basic Skills and Abilities * * * Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others. * Service Orientation — Actively looking for ways to help people. * Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions. * Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. * Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one. * Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of you, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action. * Verbal and Written Expression and Recognition — The ability to listen to, understand and communicate information and ideas presented through spoken or written words and sentences. * Information Ordering — The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations). * Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem. * Good working knowledge of current Microsoft Office products * Ability to travel up to 20%, annually. * Able to work some overtime will be required.
* *Broad Knowledge as Follows (Basic/Preferred)
- Strong Knowledge/Experience with Microsoft development stack (C# and .NET core ).
- Superior knowledge of Visual Studio, and Windows Server 2008 and later with IIS
- Experience and Understanding of Full Stack Development
- Strong working knowledge with Source Code Repositories ( GitLab )
- 5+ years of front-end web development experience
- Experience with Entity Framework, Signal-R
- Experience using REST Web Services
- Experience configuring IIS Servers
- Experience querying SQL Databases
- Experience with Software code security techniques
- 2+ years of experience as technical lead and/or mentor for junior developers.
- 5+ years of SQL Server Reporting Services report development.
- 5+ years of developing with MS SQL Server 2008/2012 or newer.
- Strong experience with Development Methologies (i.e. RAPID, Agile, TDD, etc. )
Education & Experience
BS-CS/CE or Equivalent is required.
Demonstrated Physical Abilities as Follows:remain stationary for 50% of the time; move/traverse throughout the office to access file cabinets and office equipment; operate a computer and other productivity machinery; inspect documents; communicate with others through talking/hearing; read/identify/assess forms and correspondence.
Jervis B. Webb Company is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and federal sub/contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status or medical condition. If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please call 248-553-1200.
Jervis B. Webb offers an excellent compensation package including great benefits such as excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance, paid vacation time, paid sick time, and paid holidays, 401K, Flexible Spending Programs, and more
At this time our company only receives applications online. If you need assistance applying online to this position, please call 248-553-1233 and leave a message and your call will be returned
# of Openings: 1
Company Division: WEBB