ZF Methods Coach in Northville, Michigan
Position Summary: The Methods Coaches will have a passion for user centered design, complex problem solving, the ability to work across multiple business units, exceptional communication skills and be able to bring ideas to life visually. In this role, you must be curious and empathetic while learning and driving different ways of working. Someone with experience in Design Thinking, Agile, Business Model Innovation, Six Sigma or another agile frameworks/methodologies.
• A background in, and understand the key differences of teaching, coaching, facilitation, design and education
• Experience with designing and delivering classes, workshops and or coaching sessions
• Openness to learning a different way of working
• Hosting events to gather ideas to influence change within all levels of the organization to understand the benefits of working agile.
• Coaching and mentoring teams to embrace and build an environment where continuous improvement is a constant focus
• Coaching agile delivery teams and organizational leaders in agile principles and practices
• Inspiring and supporting change at individual, team and organizational levels in the adoption and ongoing improvements of effective and scalable agile methods, processes, tools and metrics.
• Organize and deliver high quality training materials, workshops and coaching sessions
• Support the scoping, designing, preparation and delivery of training classes, workshops facilitations and coaching sessions and managing the success of each. Visualization and documentation of the results obtained
• Influence adoption of best practices
• Identify fields of action and adaptation requirements in the existing methodology landscape and develop appropriate recommendations for action and coordinate theses with stakeholders.
• Positioned at the leading-edge of Agile development practices to identify new methods and approaches such as Design Thinking, DevOps, Lean-StartUp methods, etc.
• Assist with building up roles of the Agile Coach, Product Owner, Scrum Master and other roles and responsibilities of coaching.
• Take on coordination and organizational tasks in IT Innovation & Platform Architecture
• Manage own workload including accurate effort estimating
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Associate's degree (technical field) in relevant business/IT field OR equivalent experience
• 3-5+ years of teaching, coaching and or facilitating or IT related field.
• Knowledge of Agile Manifesto, principles and methods
• Portfolio Management process knowledge (from the idea to the project), prioritization, reporting,
• Knowledge in innovative trends is a plus
• Intercultural experiences
• Ability to analyze and structure complex requirements.
• Ability to gather and concisely disseminate large amounts of information.
• Skilled to create and conduct presentations (incl. PowerPoint)
• Natural curiosity to discover new technologies and methodologies to imagine what could be possible
• Reliable, flexible, self-driven, keen to push things forward
• Business understanding and strong business orientation
Preferred Skills and experience:
• Experience working with a global team/virtual teams
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written in English; German preferred
ZF North America, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. ZF North America, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. ZF North America, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ZF North America, Inc. employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.