Macomb County Quality Assurance Technician in Mount Clemens, Michigan
Under direction, responsible for reviewing and monitoring contractor performance and installation of materials and/or equipment required for Community Development’s housing services programs; performs related duties as assigned.* *
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Ensures contractor compliance with the formal agreements and various program standards.
Documents findings resulting from monitoring reviews; makes recommendations and assists with corrective action plans.
Reviews and monitors the work of contractors and inspectors to correct deficient work projects; gives final project approval for contract and program compliance.
Performs installation and/or repair of construction materials required through a variety of housing services programs in residential dwellings.
Assists in program purchases, inventory and proper maintenance of equipment.
Prepares, conducts and attends meetings, training programs and seminars.
Promotes and coordinates efforts toward client and agency goals with clients, contractors and other agencies.
Operates an automobile while performing assigned duties.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or a certificate of successful completion of the General Educational Development (GED) test
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in construction or building trades
Required Licensure or Certifications
- Possession of a valid Michigan driver’s license and an operable insured automobile for authorized travel
Preferred Licensure or Certifications
- Michigan Residential Builder’s license COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE OF JOB DUTIES
- Weatherization monitoring and evaluation techniques and methodologies
- Macomb Community Action program requirements; knowledge of federal and state regulations
- Knowledge of building and construction best practices
- Effectively interact in a respectful manner with irate parties; de-escalate stressful situations
- Work independently and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Effectively organize and manage time
- Effectively speak, write and understand the English language
- Speak and understand a language other than English is preferred
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, staff, state and local agencies and the public
- Conduct oneself with tact and courtesy
*WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS: *
Frequently required to balance on surfaces, bend, drive, grasp, kneel/squat and push/pull objects away from and towards the body.
Climbing/working at heights, crawling, digging, and sitting are occasionally required.
Reaching, standing, walking/running are frequently required.
Lifting and carrying objects/equipment up to seventy-four (74) pounds is required.
Seeing/vision, talking/speaking and listening/hearing are continuously required.
May be exposed to: Airborne infectious agents Biological products (i.e., waste water, garbage) Blood or other bodily fluids Chemical exposure (i.e., dust, gases, fumes, liquids) Confined space Congested area Exposure to dust/smoke/fumes/odors/grease/oil Exposure to electrical hazards Exposure to extreme temperatures Hazardous substances Inadequate lighting Physical violence/aggression Slippery surfaces Using powered equipment Vibration Working around moving machinery Working outside
General Requirements and/or Disclaimers
Complies with P.A. 390, as amended, known as the State's Emergency Management Act and the County’s Emergency Management resolution as well as all related plans, policies and procedures covered by these statutes.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by employees in this job. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment amongst other possible accommodations.
*GRANT OR EXTERNALLY FUNDED POSITION – *This position will continue only if sufficient grant or external funds are provided.
Salary: $36,522.05 - $46,318.79 Annually
Location: Mount Clemens, MI
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Macomb Community Action
Job Number: 21-00082
Closing: 4/13/2021 5:00 PM Eastern
Agency: Macomb County
Address: 1 South Main Street 6th Floor Mount Clemens, Michigan, 48043
DEPARTMENT: Macomb Community Action
HIRING AUTHORITY: Director
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP: Just cause subject to probationary period
CURRENT HOURS AND STARTING TIME: One full-time position (37.5 hours per week) and one temporary part-time position (up to 30 hours per week.) This position's typical schedule is Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.