General Motors Center for Autonomous Vehicle Development - Supercruise Diagnostic Strategist - ENG0038330 in Milford, Michigan
The successful candidate will lead the Diagnostic Calibration team on Supercruise and other Active Safety programs, provide diagnostic mentorship to the team and interface with corporate experts. Cumulative travel requirements of 2 to 4 weeks a year is typical in the US.
- Lead diagnostic strategy development team, provide diagnostic mentorship to the team, interface with corporate experts, etc
- Develop and own the comprehensive diagnostic strategy for the Active Safety and Automated Driving Systems (including in-house software and supplier components)
- Comprehend new OBD requirements for all Active Safety modules, ensure best practices and regulatory requirements are met
- Work with key stakeholder to develop data recording, off-boarding strategy, and software constructs
- Work with Controls System Leads to ensure flawless integration of the control and diagnostic systems
- Develop and own diagnostic system improvement roadmaps
- Work with requirements team to develop a comprehensive set of diagnostic requirements.
- Work with the Program Teams to inform/report out on status and support system level resolution
- Work with the calibration team to ensure proper field performance and adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Oversee the execution of DOE (Diagnostic Operational Evaluation) testing and PVET
Education: Bachelors in mechanical or electrical engineering (controls preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional discipline activity
- Thorough knowledge of complex mechanical and electrical concepts
- Analytical ability, especially where problems are somewhat complex
- Flexibility in handling multiple projects and changing priorities
- Strong ability to work with computer based tools to collect and analyze data.
- A valid driver’s license is required and some ability to travel
- Strong written and oral communication skills, as well as aptitude in data analysis and control systems
- Experience working in Matlab/Simulink
- Experience working with ETAS/INCA
- DFSS Black Belt
- Some automotive experience in testing, development, and calibration (preferably with ETAS/INCA)
- Experience with Serial Data busses, including LIN, CAN, GMLAN, Flexray and Ethernet
*This position requires the ability to legally operate a motor vehicle on a regular basis*