General Motors ADDE – Gas Particulate Filter - GPS0004321 in Milford, Michigan
ADDE – Gas Particulate Filter
At General Motors, we’re pushing the possibilities for tomorrow’s mobility with better, more responsive performance, intuitive technology platforms and unmatched fuel economy. With every innovation, we seek to answer “What more can be done?”—in our business, in our lives, and for our customers and communities. It’s a sense of purpose that permeates our daily lives and fills us with inspiration.
The GM Team offers opportunities across a spectrum of engineering experience. We’re committed to enhancing our products and are seeking innovative, forwarding-looking engineers who can help shape the future. We’re searching for the next generation of game -changers to usher in a new era of automotive innovation.
- Looking for a motivated engineer with software experience to contribute to current and next generation gas particulate filter controls and diagnostics
- Work with Global Technical Specialist and others in defining algorithms and software
- Develop calibration tools, guides, and assist calibration engineers in calibration and root cause analysis
- Lead design team for individual algorithm and software change requests or analysis
- Assist Global Technical Specialist with interface to other hardware and controls organization for area of responsibility
Responsible for leading major algorithm and software projects including: specifying and balancing requirements, definition, execution and evaluation of designs, analysis, development, testing and control. A substantial amount of creativity and initiative are involved as well as a high level of independent judgment. Capable of managing very broad or numerous projects with high degree of difficulty. Exercises independent judgment, with input from Global Technical Specialist.
- Technical leader for algorithm and software design, implementation and verification in Technical Resource Board (TRB) responsible area
- Execute design enhancements to support current and new product /customer requirements for functions and diagnostics
- Demonstrate continuous improvement of subsystem features and functions
- Support the resolution of issues as raised by product teams
- Proactively identify performance improvement opportunities
- Assisting the Technical Resource Board (TRB) responsible area including maintenance of calibration procedures and leading calibration compares across teams
- Provide technical training for Calibration Specialists and mentor new employees on best practices
- Support resolution of vehicle, plant, or customer issues related to algorithm, software, and calibration
- Assist in developing calibration strategies and model-based practices in algorithm strategies and calibrations
- Assist in documenting requirements for interfaces and managed subsystem
- Assist Global Technical Specialist in providing Technical Resource Board (TRB) leadership
- Adhere to Change Control Board (CCB) process
Required Skills and Experience
- BS in Electrical Engineering and/or Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science and/or Computer Engineering, or Math required.
- 2+ years of software or algorithm design development and testing engineering processes and procedures
- 2+ years of experience with Powertrain calibrations or related experience with mechanical devices dealing with software controls
- Simulink modeling and physics-based estimations experience.
- Knowledge of best practices for engine control calibrations
- Model, auto-code, and integrate algorithms using Matlab, Simulink, Stateflow, and C.
- Highly developed oral and written communications skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate employees, and elicit work output
- Very high level of analytical problem solving skills where problems are very unusual and extremely difficult.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- MS Engineering preferred
- DFSS Certification; Black Belt preferred
- Experience in control system design or physical quantity estimation techniques/modeling
- C, C++, C#, Python, and Java
- GT Power or plant modeling and analysis tools
- Knowledge of dynamometer operations and data collection process