Mastronardi Products Infrastructure Architect in Livonia, Michigan
Livonia, MI, USA
Mastronardi Produce pioneered the commercial greenhouse industry in North America, and we’re now the leading greenhouse vegetable company on the continent. Our award-winning, flavorful produce is packed under the SUNSET® brand and is available at leading grocery retailers across North America. Family owned for over 65 years, we pride ourselves on having the most flavorful products and the best people in the industry. We are constantly pushing boundaries to be a leader in fresh produce innovation. We seek individuals that demonstrate our PRIDE values (Passion, Respect, Innovation, Drive, Excellence) to help us fulfill our mission to inspire healthy living through WOW flavor experiences.
We are currently seeking an Infrastructure Architect to join our Information Technology team. The essential function of this position is t is to establish and implement efficient design, standards and operation of the company’s network, servers, databases and security environments.
This role can be located at either of our 2 Main offices (Kingsville, ON or Livonia, Michigan)
To perform the job successfully, the incumbent’s behavior must be consistent with the PRIDE values expected of all Mastronardi Produce employees: be Passionate; have Respect; be Innovative; be Driven and strive for Excellence.
The IT Infrastructure Architect’s role is to establish and implement efficient design, standards and operation of the company’s network, servers, databases and security environments. This includes being responsible for working with vendors and the internal team to ensure monitoring and performance against service levels, diagnosing network and hardware problems. The IT Infrastructure Architect will also work closely with internal decision makers, project teams and partners in order to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
Strategy & Planning
- Design and implement long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for managing and maintaining corporate technology and services.
- Ensure that proposed and existing systems architectures are aligned with organizational goals and objectives.
- Provide architectural expertise, direction, and assistance to vendors, partners and internal teams.
- Develop, document, and communicate plans for investing in Infrastructure and systems architecture, including analysis of cost benefits and reduction opportunities.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of the overall Infrastructure and systems development efforts. Recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility.
- Develop and implement required functional policies and procedures, including those for network, server and storage architecture, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Where applicable, design, develop, and oversee implementation of end-to-end integrated systems.
- Document the company’s existing systems architecture and technology portfolio; make recommendations for improvements and/or alternatives.
- Review new and existing system design projects and procurement or outsourcing plans for compliance with standards and architectural plans.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Recommend purchase of equipment and supplies in order to meet operational requirements of the business.
- Analyze existing operations and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the network infrastructure and IT systems.
- Conduct research and remain current with the latest technologies and solutions in support of procurement efforts.
- Confer with end-users, clients, or senior management to define business requirements for complex systems and infrastructure development.
- Model business and systems processes based on findings through use case scenarios, workflow diagrams, and data models.
- Develop and execute test plans to check infrastructure and systems technical performance. Report on findings and make recommendations for improvement.
- Develop and manage a systems capacity plan.
- Develop, document, communicate, and enforce a policy for standardizing systems and software as necessary.
- Oversee recommended technology and operation improvement projects.
Formal Education & Certification
- University degree in the field of computer science or information systems and 6 plus years related work experience.
- Technical certifications in multiple areas is desired.
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong technical knowledge of server operating systems, including VMware, Windows OS, Microsoft server, Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange email systems and Microsoft SQL Server environments.
- Strong technical knowledge of current telecom, network hardware, protocols, and LAN/WAN standards, including Cisco, Barracuda as well as a working knowledge of administering Cisco ASA Firewall System, Cisco Secure ACS (Access Control Server), and Cisco MARS (Monitoring Analysis and Reporting System), Cisco IOS.
- Application support experience with mission critical large scale systems such as ERP, Data Warehouse, Email environments.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure architecture and planning / development.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Strong understanding of project management principles.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating business cases, budgets, and so on.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- On-call availability for 24x7 for emergency support situations.
- Some off hour scheduled maintenance work to perform production system changes.
Posted: September 15, 2020