Andersen Windows and Doors Associate Install Manager in Livonia, Michigan
*Position Purpose: *
Support Installation Manager(s) in recruiting, interviewing, onboarding and training sub contractors to support the installation business. In addition to leading the installation team, the project management team, the service team, and ultimately increasing the branch operating profit by increasing the effectiveness, as measured by first time through (FTT) and retail location remakes of individual sub- contractors and employees by providing coaching and training focused on improving installation process skills, product knowledge, service knowledge as well as installation and industry knowledge. Providing a support for installation manager responsibilities
- Develop and implement new hire training for sub-contractors and employees to assure onboarding is effective as timely and effectively as possible
- Ride a long field training. Complete a minimum (2) days of ride-along field training per week focused on new sub-contractors, employees and underperformers. Use a process of both observation and demonstration in the field to train. Debrief with installation manager(s) and document results. Providing performance feedback to improve overall installation, project management and service performance.
- Analyze individual and team installation metrics to determine focus areas of training for individuals, sub-contractors and the entire installation team. Develop and deliver specific training to increase effectiveness within identified areas or improvement including-FTT rate, remakes, construction knowledge, service knowledge, installation knowledge and homeowner satisfaction.
- Partners with installation manager(s) in determining sub-contractor and employee skill sets
- Partner with product knowledge experts in the development and delivery of monthly installer meetings, product knowledge, installation knowledge and service knowledge training to increase effectiveness of sub- contractors, project managers and service technicians.
Partner with installation manager(s), internal operations manager, sales manager(s) and GM on resolving open issues, identifying areas of improvement within the installation, project management and service support process. Provide necessary training and support to sub-contractors, project managers and service technicians to continuously improve back office installation, project management and service processes and paperwork *Direction of Others: *
Coaching and training sub- contractors, project managers and service technicians.
Four year degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Installation management experience a plus
Valid driver’s license with acceptable accident and moving violation motor vehicle record
Five or more years of installation, project management and service experience
Computer skills and management of computer-based information
Planning and goal setting skills
Strong communication skills
Tolerance of ambiguity
Providing performance feedback
Culture and Benefits: *Our vision is to make the world a better place by living up to the promise that everyone benefits from their association with Andersen. *We’re committed to making a difference through challenging ourselves each day, recognizing and rewarding success, taking pride in our work and honoring a legacy built on doing the right thing. There is great respect for life outside work so that you can bring your best self to work.
We are committed to demonstrating mutual respect and appreciation of our similarities and differences so that each employee can realize his/her potential and we exceed our customers’ expectations.
As an innovative and industry-leading organization, we think of benefits more broadly. From your health care to your work environment, to your development and quality of life, we think beyond basic benefits to provide a total rewards package including, but not limited to:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account contributions
- Paid holidays plus PTO
- 401(k) plan & contributions
- Professional development & tuition reimbursement opportunities
- A culture that supports work-life balance
- An environment where collaboration is key
- Volunteer opportunities – on company time
- Environmentally conscious business decisions
- 8,000+ employees and career opportunities nationwide
Job: Installation/Field Service
Primary Location: United States-MI-Livonia
Organization: Renewal by Andersen Corp.
Job Posting: Jan 15, 2021, 9:21:50 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 27696