Jackson National Life Insurance Company Windows Server Engineer II in Lansing, Michigan
The Windows Server Engineer II provides network infrastructure support for Jackson’s Microsoft Server Operating System environment, which consists of 1,800 servers and 4,800 Active Directory Users covering multiple geographic locations. The Engineer designs, implements and supports secure, stable, and robust Windows Server infrastructure, leveraging Azure whenever possible. Serves as level 3 technical support for the JTS Technical Services team.
_Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities_ * Manages projects and is responsible for the design and implementation of new technology initiatives supporting the Microsoft Server Operating System environment. Ensures new technology initiatives are stable and readily maintained. * Manages projects within deadlines and provides project status reports to management. * Serves as Level-3 escalation for Windows Server supported applications and hardware. * Develops processes for the day-to-day system administration of Windows Server environments including; Office 365 Online Platforms, including Hybrid, Windows Server 2008-16 Standard/Enterprise, Windows 2013/2016 SharePoint, and Windows 2012/2019 SQL Server. * Data mining, ability to interconnect systems and interconnect disparate applications for data normalizations and automations. * Analyzes performance of the environment and provide recommendations for improvement. * Utilizes PowerShell to manage and build the environment.
- Participates in 24-hour on-call rotation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Solid knowledge in Microsoft Active Directory design supporting geographically dispersed locations to include UNIX and LDS authorization integration.
- Demonstrated knowledge of deploying and maintaining workloads on the Microsoft Azure platform via automation.
- Experience in grid platforms, Microsoft HPC or high-density computer experience.
- In-depth knowledge of file servers utilizing storage at scale to include disaster recovery capabilities, and DFS namespaces, configured for high availability.
- Strong project management skills and ability to handle multiple projects at a time.
- Demonstrated knowledge of deploying and maintaining Windows Server environment comprised of servers running both commercial and internally developed Jackson applications.
- Experience deploying and managing server virtualization technology. VMWare and HP Blade Servers experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate, socialize and coordinate technical matters effectively throughout the organization.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional analytical, research and problem-solving skills.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and/or experience.
- 5 years’ experience providing support in a windows multi-server enterprise environment.
- Programming experience preferred (VB Script, Perl, Power Shell).
- Experience with MS Office software such as Word, Excel, and Visio.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- MCSE certification preferred.
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Jackson National Life Insurance
Title: Windows Server Engineer II
Requisition ID: JAC003SJ