Wolters Kluwer Specialized Consultant - Implementation in Lansing, Michigan
Job Description Summary
As the Functional Consultant (FC), you will work in a growing Professional Services environment in support of varying project sizes and scope, with a focus on banking compliance consulting. The FC will use WK’s technology and implementation methodology to successfully implement WK solutions and allow clients to efficiently comply with business requirements and regulatory obligations. You will support the use of our enterprise banking suite which encompasses the entire operational chain of banking. This is an entry level position with tremendous room for growth.
In this role, you will be responsible for helping design, configure and support WKFS OneSumX applications, maintaining solid knowledge of the banking industry and WKFS products, understanding how WKFS clients use the products to meet their regulatory and risk obligations, translating functional requirements into design documents, preparing usage documentation for client use, documenting data flow and mapping data requirements. Additionally, during implementations, you will be responsible to help with configuration, unit testing, implementation, and training of clients in use of the WK solution.
The FC will work under the supervision of the Project Manager and the Senior Functional Consultants (SFC) as part of the project team.
The position can sit anywhere in the US.
· Participate in project based OneSumX product implementations, either at the customer’s location or remotely; Play an advisory role and work closely with customers to provide training and a smooth transition.
· Assist the customer in defining and analyzing functional requirements, functional specifications, data requirements, mapping, testing, documentation, training, and implementation.
· Participate in presentations, workshops and status meetings; Take part in implementation projects by providing functional expertise through specialized workshops on regulatory reporting, banking and financial products.
· Develop and maintain expert knowledge of the US Regulatory Reporting and Risk products, as well as relevant knowledge of applicable regulations and compliance requirements for banks.
· Define test scenarios, implement automated test cases, perform non regression analysis, and analyze test results to validate new functionalities; participate in product documentation.
· Log tickets for defects and enhancements within the WK Product ticketing system, to drive product improvements and ensure product stability.
· Help write design specifications for Product development
· Deliver input to your project manager on all project related items.
· Clients are located internationally, and projects may also be part of a multi country implementation.
· Bachelor's degree in relevant field such as business, finance, or accounting.
· Candidates for industry designations like CFA and CAIA preferred.
· 2 years in a banking, risk, or regulatory environment or equivalent Graduate programs (master’s in finance, Business Administration, etc).
· Sound technical background or eagerness to learn about relational databases and query languages, Database and SQL
· Self-starter able to multitask in a challenging environment. Must be able to juggle multiple priorities, and clearly report status to various stakeholders across organizations.
· Interest in banking, financial services, and consulting.
· Keen mind and ability to run with projects and work independently
Note: Must be authorized to work in the US:
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
· Experience and knowledge concerning software development practices such as Scrum·
· Working understanding of system architecture components, such as networking and software
· Customer and service-minded with excellent communication and presentation skills
· A team player who is eager to learn and to work autonomously in an international environment; Adaptable to change and feeling at ease in a quickly evolving environment.
Travel: Ability to travel up to 60- 80% when travel is back to normal
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Wolters Kluwer Jobs