Rose International INC Software Quality Analyst in Lansing, Michigan
Position Title: Software Quality Analyst
Position Number: 297679
Location: Lansing, MI
Desired Skill Set:
Data Analysis, MS Visio, SQL Server, System Testing, UAT
STEM-OPT is not available Start Date: 10/22/2018
End Date: 10/21/2019
Location: Lansing MI 48909
Interview type: Either Webcam or In Person
Develops, publishes, and implements test plans. Writes and maintains test automation. Evaluates, recommends, and implements automated test tools and strategies.
Years of Experience:
7-10 years of experience in the field.
• Seeking a Senior Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst to support the continual development and maintenance of an interactive, secure, authenticated web application designed by the CLIENT called the Secure Site.
• Most Secure Site users are district and school assessment administrators, student reporting data specialists, and accountability analysts; there is also a small team of internal DAS users.
• The Secure Site facilitates many of the processes necessary to administer state assessments in Michigan schools for grades kindergarten through 12 (K-12).
• Current state assessments include M-STEP, MI-Access, PSAT, SAT, Work Keys, WIDA, W-APT, and the Early Literacy and Mathematics interim assessment.
• It is also the repository for all Michigan K-12 current and historical assessment data.
• Additionally, annual school accountability reports are processed and shared within the Secure Site.
• This is a leadership position, responsible for maintaining a consistent, effective, and efficient QA process to be followed by all QA team members on a weekly basis.
• Documentation of the QA process is expected.
• Iterative refinement of the QA process is the responsibility of the Senior QA Analyst; the candidate should be able to identify obstructions to the efficiency and effectiveness of the QA process and work to remove those obstructions as well as identify and communicate process improvement recommendations.
• The Senior QA Analyst will work closely with the business clients to understand requirements for new development as well as updates to current system functionality and bug fixes.
• During requirements gathering, this person should be able to recommend improvements to the business client that will help maintain Secure Site style standards or standard web application design practices.
• Using the requirements, the Senior QA Analyst will lead the QA team in the creation of acceptance criteria and test plans.
• Acceptance criteria will often include verifying data displayed or created through the application; test plans will often require the QA team to find and use specific scenario data.
• It is imperative that the Senior QA Analyst understand normalized database structure and can create complex SQL select statements to assist the QA team in finding, understanding, and verifying data.
• The Senior QA Analyst must be able to train the QA team in writing SQL select statements, answer SQL questions during testing, and review the validity of SQL tests performed by the QA team.
• At times, the Senior QA Analyst will need to approach business clients to create test data to complete test plans.
• Other times, the Senior QA Analyst will need to work with the business client to understand how to create specific data scenarios within the Secure Site QA environment and then document and share that knowledge with the rest of the QA team.
• The Senior QA Analyst is also expected to participate in user acceptance testing (UAT) and document test results along with the rest of the QA team.
• The Senior QA Analyst must have experience with performance testing and be mindful of performance issues that may arise during UAT testing.
• When the QA team is finished testing a set of newly developed items, the Senior QA Analyst will be responsible to review the work of the QA team and give final sign-off for development to move to Production environment.
• The ability to identify critical issues and clearly communicate the status of QA items is essential to the success of the Senior QA Analyst.
• The candidate must be able to collaborate with developers, business analysts, and business clients to determine if issues identified during the QA process are valid and within the scope of the development request or should be addressed in a separate request.
• The Senior QA Analyst will be responsible for the final validation of development work in the Production environment and will be the key point-person for testing critical fixes for Production
Required / Desired Skills
• Microsoft SQL Server / T-SQL direct hands-on experience with ad hoc query programs Required 5 Years
• Data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities Required 5 Years
• Ability to communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management Required 5 Years
• Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies Required 5 Years
• Proficiency with all MS Office and Visio applications Required 5 Years
• Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle and related methodologies (e.g. CMMI, Agile, or other industry standard) Required 5 Years
• Direct experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of quality assurance standards for software testing Required 5 Years
• Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) Highly desired 2 Years
• Experience on a development team using Agile Highly desired 2 Years
• College diploma or university degree in software engineering, computer science, or business administration or equivalent work experience. Required#CBRose#
Send me a reminder to complete this application
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).
(Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)