Jackson National Life Insurance Company Purchasing Reporting Analyst in Lansing, Michigan
_Job Purpose_ The Purchasing Reporting Analyst is responsible for identifying, gathering and analyzing Purchasing data, for both internal Purchasing use and for distribution to the appropriate business partners. This position involves identifying unique trends and patterns in large data sets, with the end goal of diagnosing issues as well as better understanding the forces that impact Jackson’s purchasing process and drive business outcomes. The Analyst will create a view of the data, identify correlations between data, and discover useful information that can be extracted and further processed to achieve enhanced purchasing efficiency and reporting. __ _Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities_ * Identifies appropriate data requirements, gathers and validates information for reporting/analyzing. * Performs validation and testing of reports to ensure accuracy. * Analyzes workflows, tasks, and information to streamline the purchasing process. * Utilizes software to generate monthly, quarterly and annual reports; as well as ad hoc reports on an as needed basis. * Prepares reports and develops graphs and charts to accurately and succinctly represent data.
- May conduct operational audits of internal purchasing systems and processes with a view to improve service and quality.
- Builds and maintains data flow processes for vendor related transactions.
- Assists other groups within Corporate Support Services with the development of beneficial reports as time permits.
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Familiarity with business modeling and simulation methods.
- Knowledge of information systems, including mainframe and PC applications: ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Solid creative problem-solving skills; good business sense.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Proven analytical abilities.
- Strong knowledge of Tableau, MS Access, Excel and/or SQL is preferred.
- Familiarity with purchasing processes preferred.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent experience.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience. _ __Job Level that this position reports to (i.e., Team Leader, Manager, Director, etc.):_ Director
Organization: *Jackson National Life Insurance
Title: Purchasing Reporting Analyst
Requisition ID: JAC003W5