Rose International INC Programmer Analyst in Lansing, Michigan
Position Title: Programmer Analyst
Position Number: 300254
Location: Lansing, MI
Desired Skill Set:
COBOL, Mainframe, FTP, Bridges
C2C and STEM-OPT are not available
Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.
Start Date: 11/26/2018
End Date: 11/25/2019
Location: Lansing MI 48933
Interview type: Both Webcam and In Person
Converts data from project specifications and statements of problems and procedures to create or modify computer programs.
Years of Experience:
Advanced experience in the IT industry and as a programmer.
• Includes descriptions detailed earlier as well as programmer analyst experience in specialized IT technologies which may not be widely used or are new to the industry, including the ability to mentor other staff in the use of the specialty technologies and make recommendations on the use of the specialty technologies and integration within the organization’s architecture.
• Converts data from project specifications and statements of problems and procedures to create or modify, or maintain computer programs.
• Prepares, or receives detailed specifications to describe sequence of steps that program must follow and input, output, and logical operations involved.
• Analyzes specifications, applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic.
• Confers with supervisor and representatives of departments concerned with program to resolve questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
• Converts detailed specifications to language process able by computer.
• Enters program codes into computer system.
• Inputs test data into computer.
• Observes computer monitor screen to interpret program operating codes.
• Corrects program errors, using methods such as modifying program or altering sequence of program steps.
• May prepare computer block diagrams and machine logic flowcharts for detailed coding of problems, and provides for the documentation of programming work.
• Writes instructions to guide operating personnel during production runs.
• Analyzes, reviews, and rewrites programs to increase operating efficiency or to adapt program to new requirements.
• Compiles and writes documentation of program development and subsequent revisions.
• May assist computer operator to resolve problems in running computer program.
• May work with System Analyst to obtain and analyze project specifications.
• May direct and coordinate work of others to write, test, and modify computer programs.
• Work involves writing programs to solve problems, documenting the methods and procedures used in program development, and testing and correcting programs.
• Work involves analyzing system outlines to develop programs for computer applications; writing solution programs; May train others.
• Works under general supervision with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
• Assists in developing solutions to software-related problems.
• May assist in the generation or installation of systems software.
• Prepares test data.
• May assist in writing and maintaining functional and technical specifications.
• Experience in computer programming work.
• Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of computer programming and systems analysis, of computer operations procedures and systems, and of computer programming languages.
• Skill in the use of computer equipment.
• Ability to code, test, and debug computer programs; to interpret technical information relating to computer programming and other areas of data processing; and to communicate effectively.
Required / Desired Skills
• Unisys - Mainframe Required 5 Years.
• Bridge/Multibridge Required 5 Years.
• COBOL 74 Required 10 Years.
• DMSII database Required 10 Years.
• Workflow language (WFL) Required 10 Years.
• BL/SCHED Desired 1 Years.
• BL/PACK Desired 1 Years.
• BL/LIB Desired 1 Years.
• SSU Desired 1 Years.
• RR Desired 1 Years.
• Programmers' Workbench Desired 2 Years.
• FTP software Desired 1 Years
• File Transfer System (FTS) Desired 1 Years.
Send me a reminder to complete this application
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).
(Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)