Jackson National Life Insurance Company Director, Windows Server Infrastructure in Lansing, Michigan
_Job Purpose_ The Director, Windows Server Infrastructure, leads a team of Windows Server Engineers who are responsible forproviding infrastructure for Jackson’s Microsoft server operating system environment, which consists of 1,800 servers and 4,800 users covering multiple geographical locations.The Director provides mentoring and guidance as well as managerial oversight for the team.
_Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities_ * Oversees and participates in project plan design, development, maintenance, and enhancement of Windows server environments. * Ensures that all systems meet performance standards and that production support services are consistent with service level agreements. * Produces monthly status and KPI reports. * Implements strategies to improve current processes and procedures and identifies cost reduction opportunities to enhance business operations. * Manages the selection, procurement, and implementation ofsoftware/hardware, leveraging cloud-based solutions were appropriate. * Manages staff and is accountable for personnel actions including hiring, performance and salary reviews, corrective action, and terminations. * Ensures that all staff are properly trained, supervised and developed. * Builds relationships with IT associates, third-party vendors, and business partners across the organization. * Identifies issues and risks, resolves problems and escalates them as necessary. * Provides deliverables in a timely and efficient manner. * Manages budget expenditures and allocates IT resources appropriately. * Serves as an escalation resource for staff that provide 24x7 (on-call) system support.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Strong project management skills.
- Knowledge of technology trends, including Agile and Hybrid Cloud.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to make effective decisions with limited information.
- Ability to manage staff and administer personnel actions including performance and salary reviews, hiring, corrective action and terminations.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical issues both verbally and in writing.
- Flexible with a strong sense of urgency.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong budgeting and financial skills.
- Demonstrated record of accomplishment in successfully managing large-scale system and project implementations.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization, including senior management.
- Expertise designing, implementing, deploying, and maintaining Microsoft technologies including SharePoint, SQL Server, Exchange, and Hybrid Cloud environments.
- Expertise designing, implementing, deploying, and maintaining VMWARE virtualized environments.
- Adaptive to the use of new software and programming techniques as they are acquired or adopted within IT.
- Ability to effectively manage third-party vendors.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in technology management, engineering, or a computer science discipline; or equivalent education and/or relevant experience.
- 8-10 years' related experience.
- 5 years’ experience managing a team of eight or more persons. *LI-GW1
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Jackson National Life Insurance
Title: Director, Windows Server Infrastructure
Requisition ID: JAC003SG