General Electric Director - APM Practice Delivery Leader in Lansing, Michigan
As a key member of the APM professional services practice you will be responsible for the delivery of complex APM-based software implementations to our O&G customers in collaboration with other BHGE/GE Digital and ecosystem of service providers. You will help define and build our portfolio of service offerings, including APM advisory and implementation services; defining/executing customer delivery programs; and tracking/monitoring key performance metrics to achieve customer/business objectives.
In this role, you will:
• Engage in the leadership and execution of our APM delivery portfolio including resource planning, scheduling, implementation methodology, milestone delivery, project budget, customer interface, profitability and project accounting
• Understand business development efforts leading to service delivery, including collaboration across teams related to value proposition development and solution architecture
• Drive execution and manage risk across multi-disciplinary teams comprised of stakeholders from BHGE Digital, GE Digital, customers and partners
• Handle account issues at the highest of professional standards and juggle multiple requests from customers, from deep technical discussions on the Predix Platform, to aligning APM functionality and new opportunities for development to customer use cases
• Work closely with product release management to ensure that BHGE Digital and GE Digital product deliverables are coordinated with corresponding deliverables from other BHGE organizations
• Provide support when required to the solution architecture team on the proposed service plan and implementation scope of an opportunity to ensure alignment with viable delivery models and metrics
• Track and monitor program portfolio status and metrics to ensure milestones are met, and internal and external delivery commitments are met
• Ensure ongoing communication of progress against program objectives
• Proactively identify and resolve issues and make recommendations for improvements to existing processes
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science, or Engineering or 4 years of IT technical experience
• Minimum of 10+ years of experience along with established leadership across the discipline and function, including professional experience in customer-centric engagements or consultative roles, such as management consulting, sales engineering, or business development.
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
• Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Must be willing to travel up to 50%, including international travel.
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in Houston, TX or San Ramon, CA.
• Experience in oil and gas industry, either through an engineering or technical career, or experience in the industry through consultative engagement roles of increased responsibility.
• Strong exposure to APM technologies, including automated data collection, visualization, quality and efficiency in manufacturing, SCADA, automated decision control, workflow, database applications, scheduling, and interface to ERP systems
• Experience in maintenance & reliability best practices, root cause analysis, criticality analysis and lifecycle management
• Strong working knowledge of Meridium software, Predix-based APM applications and common maintenance systems including SAP PM, Oracle eAM, and IBM Maximo
• Proven ability to deliver APM technology projects with a focus on maintenance effectiveness or experience in driving large scale improvement programs within a maintenance organization
• Strong business acumen with demonstrated ability to fully understand and articulate the mission of BHGE-Digital to the market
• Proactively engage with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analytical skills and best practices
• Highly motivated, self-starter with demonstrated relationship management skills and strong emotional intelligence (EQ)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
• Strong spoken and written English language skills
• Strong written and verbal presentation and facilitation skills, including experience in value proposition formulation and proposal development
• Strong skills in the use of software business tools (e.g. project management software, spreadsheets, reporting packages, word processing and presentation software)
• Demonstrated experience leading and influencing across a complex, global matrix organization
• Ability to plan and provide structure and organization in a fast paced, changing environment
• Uses critical thinking skills and disciplined approaches to help leaders and leadership teams resolve issues and define solutions
• Proven track record of setting targets, executing a plan, and delivering results
• Effectively manages risk and uncertainty for self and team
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
• Strong business analysis and problem-solving skills
• Ability to decompose problems and make decisions when problems or solutions are not 100% defined
• Ability to interact at all levels of the organization, and with other BHGE businesses and partners
• Influences and energizes others toward the common vision and goal.
• A true passion for customers with the ability to build and sustain strong relationships with clients, including a quick and keen ability to understand the stakeholder landscape within customer environments and identify heat maps for all customer engagements
• Strong cross-functional leadership skills to advocate and champion activities and initiatives on behalf of customers, and willingness to travel and spend time on customer sites
• Oil and gas experience (or comparable industrial experience) is highly desired
• Previous consulting experience at a highly regarded firm is desired
• Project and/or process management certification (PMP, PRINCE2, Six Sigma) is a plus
• Experience with agile development (proof of concept, pilots, production) and rapid prototyping is a plus
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; California, Texas; Houston, San Ramon
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.