State of Michigan Departmental Analyst Trainee 9-12 in Lansing, Michigan
This position oversees website creation and maintenance specific to the Medical Services Administration (MSA) and assures all content meets State of Michigan standards and complies with Medicaid policies and rules. This includes maintaining the language and layout, assisting other areas with website maintenance, updates and creation of new pages, and consultation with the MDHHS website administrator and staff at all levels in the administration. This position assures that communications related to Medicaid Policy with providers, beneficiaries, advocates and other organizations by phone, e-mail and US mail are completed according to state and federal regulations. The position serves as forms maintenance backup to Policy Support Analysts, and is responsible for monitoring available stock of Medicaid forms and publications. The position attends Medicaid communication work group meetings as assigned by management.
To be considered for this position, you must answer the following questions and submit your response as a separate document, along with your resume and cover letter. **
- Describe your experience analyzing documents and researching/developing creative and user-friendly formatting solutions.Include the type and size of documents and software used (manuals, forms, spreadsheets, etc. and Access or Word), frequency performed, and audience/use of final documents.
- Describe your experience with designing and maintaining webpages and associated content.
- Describe your experience creating/maintaining publications.
Please note, only applicants that provide a response to the posting questions will receive further consideration for this position.
Required Education and Experience
Education for Departmental Analyst 9-12
Possession of a bachelor's degree in any major.
Experience for Departmental Analyst 9-12
Departmental Analyst 9
No specific type or amount is required.
Departmental Analyst 10
One year of professional experience.
Departmental Analyst P11
Two years of professional experience, including one year of experience equivalent to the intermediate (10) level in state service.
Departmental Analyst 12
Three years of professional experience, including one year of experience equivalent to the experienced (P11) level in state service.
**_Education and Experience for Departmental Analyst (Departmental Trainee) 9 (FOR CLASSIFIED STATE EMPLOYEES ONLY)
Education_** Educational level typically acquired through completion of high school.
Administrative Support Experience
Two years of E10- or E11-level experience. OR Four years of advanced or supervisory 9-level, or Senior Executive Management Assistant 9 experience. OR Two years of advanced or supervisory 10-level experience. OR One year of advanced or supervisory 11-level (or higher) experience.
Business and Administrative Experience
Two years of E9- or E10-level experience. OR One year of advanced or supervisory 10-level (or higher) experience.
Human Services Experience
Two years of E9- or 10-level paraprofessional* or nursing experience. OR Two years of E10- or E11- or supervisory 10-level experience. OR One year of advanced or supervisory 11-level (or higher) experience.
Engineering and Scientific Experience
Two years of E10-, E11-level or supervisory 10-level experience. OR One year of advanced or supervisory 11-level (or higher) experience.
Safety, Security and Regulatory Experience
Two years of E11-level experience. OR Two years of advanced or supervisory 10-level experience. OR One year of advanced or supervisory 11-level (or higher) experience.
*Paraprofessional classifications are those requiring an associate's degree or two years of college.
College credits may be substituted on a proportional basis (one year of college education may substitute for one quarter of the required experience) for up to one half of the required experience.
Additional Requirements and Information
OPEN TO CURRENT DHHS EMPLOYEES ONLY**
_If you previously applied to this posting, your application will still be considered. Please do not submit multiple applications._**
Certain positions may require a criminal history background check.
View the job specification at: http://www.michigan.gov/documents/DepartmentalAnalyst125057.pdf
To be considered for this position you must:
- Apply for this position online via NEOGOV; click on "Apply" in the job posting for instructions on submitting your electronic application. Hard copy applications are not accepted.
- Relevant experience and/or education referred to in the supplemental questions must be documented in the resume, transcript and/or application to allow for accurate screening.
- Attach a resume identifying specific experience and dates of employment. Dates of employment should include month and year and hours per week.
- Attach a cover letter.
- If applicable, attach a copy of an official transcript(s). We accept scanned copies of official transcripts. We do not accept web-based, internet, or copies of unofficial transcripts. Official transcripts provide the name of the institution, confirmation that a degree was awarded and on what date, and the registrar's signature.
*YOUR APPLICATION FOR ANY POSITION DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE CONTACTED BY THE DEPARTMENT/AGENCY FOR FURTHER CONSIDERATION. ONLY THOSE APPLICANTS INTERVIEWED WILL BE NOTIFIED OF THE RESULTS. *
The Department of Health & Human Services reserves the right to close this posting prior to its original end date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
If you have any questions regarding this posting, please send an e-mail to MDHHSVacancies@michigan.gov and reference posting 3901-18-MSA-POL-038.
Salary: $21.22 - $34.21 Hourly
Location: Lansing, MI
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Department: Health and Human Services - Central Office
Job Number: 3901-18-MSA-POL-038-EST
Closing: 5/23/2018 11:00 PM Eastern
Bargaining Unit: NON-EXCLUSIVE REPRESENTED EMPLOYEE (NERE)
Agency: State of Michigan
Address: 400 South Pine Street Lansing, Michigan, 48909
Phone: (800) 788-1766