State of Michigan Departmental Analyst 9-P11 in Lansing, Michigan
This position will serve as the analyst responsible with assisting the Encounter Processing Specialist in the Managed Care System Operations section. The analyst will monitor the submission of data from many different types of managed care health plans, communicate and provide guidance to external partners related to encounter submission, participate in CHAMPS User Acceptance Testing, and update necessary documentation. Lastly, this position will create ad-hoc queries using Bi-Query software in the Data Warehouse to analyze and monitor large sets of encounter data for compliance and accuracy.
*To be considered for this position, you must answer the following questions and submit your response as a separate document, along with your resume and cover letter. *
- Describe recent successful experiences you have had completing multiple projects and meeting frequent deadlines.
- In 500 words or less, describe what role you believe government should play in providing basic health care coverage to people who are unable to access these services on their own.Also, explain why you are interested in working for a program such as Medicaid whose purpose is to provide these types of services.
Please note, only applicants that provide a response to the posting questions will receive further consideration for this position.
Required Education and Experience
Possession of a bachelor's degree in any major.
Departmental Analyst 9_ No specific type or amount is required.
Departmental Analyst 10
One year of professional experience.
Departmental Analyst P11
Two years of professional experience, including one year of experience equivalent to the intermediate (10) level in state service.
Additional Requirements and Information
Certain positions may require a criminal history background check.
View the job specification at: http://www.michigan.gov/documents/DepartmentalAnalyst125057.pdf
To be considered for this position you must:
- Apply for this position online via NEOGOV; click on "Apply" in the job posting for instructions on submitting your electronic application. Hard copy applications are not accepted.
- Relevant experience and/or education referred to in the supplemental questions must be documented in the resume, transcript and/or application to allow for accurate screening.
- Attach a resume identifying specific experience and dates of employment. Dates of employment should include month and year and hours per week.
- Attach a cover letter.
- If applicable, attach a copy of an official transcript(s). We accept scanned copies of official transcripts. We do not accept web-based, internet, or copies of unofficial transcripts. Official transcripts provide the name of the institution, confirmation that a degree was awarded and on what date, and the registrar's signature.
*YOUR APPLICATION FOR ANY POSITION DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE CONTACTED BY THE DEPARTMENT/AGENCY FOR FURTHER CONSIDERATION. ONLY THOSE APPLICANTS INTERVIEWED WILL BE NOTIFIED OF THE RESULTS. *
The Department of Health & Human Services reserves the right to close this posting prior to its original end date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
If you have any questions regarding this posting, please send an e-mail to MDHHSVacancies@michigan.gov and reference posting 3901-18-MSA-OPS-079.
Salary: $20.22 - $31.67 Hourly
Location: Lansing, MI
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Department: Health and Human Services - Central Office
Job Number: 3901-18-MSA-OPS-079-EST
Closing: 6/27/2018 11:00 PM Eastern
Bargaining Unit: NON-EXCLUSIVE REPRESENTED EMPLOYEE (NERE)
Agency: State of Michigan
Address: 400 South Pine Street Lansing, Michigan, 48909
Phone: (800) 788-1766