State of Michigan Departmental Analyst 12 in Lansing, Michigan
This position is the recognized resource for Quality Management and Improvement, responsible for developing, coordinating, revising and updating criteria to evaluate program services and supports delivered by CSHCS and its partners. This position also provides subject matter expertise for conducting comparative analysis, research and evaluation of health care standards for monitoring the quality of care provided to CSHCS beneficiaries; recommends, coordinates and/or initiates process improvement projects and assists in the construction of quality improvement plans and policy/process change. This position works with Quality Improvement and Program Development Section in MSA to monitor Medicaid Health Plans in the provision of quality services specific to CSHCS enrollees. This position also coordinates activities related to development and implementation of consumer satisfaction evaluation and CAHPS survey initiatives for CSHCS. Other duties include monitoring, analyzing, and preparing issue briefs on health care developments that impact children and youth with special needs.
*To be considered for this position, you must answer the following questions and submit your response as a separate document, along with your resume and cover letter. *
- Please briefly describe your understanding and knowledge of the Children's Special Health Care Services program.
- Describe your understanding of the issues/challenges faced by families of children and youth with special health care needs.
- Describe your professional experience using data and outcome measurements to evaluate the delivery of program services.
- Describe your professional experience coordinating or initiating process improvement projects and assisting in the construction of quality improvement plans.
Please note, only applicants that provide a response to the posting questions will receive further consideration for this position.
Required Education and Experience
Possession of a bachelor's degree in any major.
Departmental Analyst 12
Three years of professional experience, including one year of experience equivalent to the experienced (P11) level in state service.
Additional Requirements and Information
Certain positions may require a criminal history background check.
View the job specification at: http://www.michigan.gov/documents/DepartmentalAnalyst125057.pdf
To be considered for this position you must:
- Apply for this position online via NEOGOV; click on "Apply" in the job posting for instructions on submitting your electronic application. Hard copy applications are not accepted.
- Relevant experience and/or education referred to in the supplemental questions must be documented in the resume, transcript and/or application to allow for accurate screening.
- Attach a resume identifying specific experience and dates of employment. Dates of employment should include month and year and hours per week.
- Attach a cover letter.
- If applicable, attach a copy of an official transcript(s). We accept scanned copies of official transcripts. We do not accept web-based, internet, or copies of unofficial transcripts. Official transcripts provide the name of the institution, confirmation that a degree was awarded and on what date, and the registrar's signature.
*YOUR APPLICATION FOR ANY POSITION DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE CONTACTED BY THE DEPARTMENT/AGENCY FOR FURTHER CONSIDERATION. ONLY THOSE APPLICANTS INTERVIEWED WILL BE NOTIFIED OF THE RESULTS. *
The Department of Health & Human Services reserves the right to close this posting prior to its original end date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
If you have any questions regarding this posting, please send an e-mail to MDHHSVacancies@michigan.gov and reference posting 3901-18-MSA-CMQ-084.
Salary: $23.39 - $34.21 Hourly
Location: Lansing, MI
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Department: Health and Human Services - Central Office
Job Number: 3901-18-MSA-CMQ-084-FILL
Closing: 6/21/2018 11:00 PM Eastern
Bargaining Unit: NON-EXCLUSIVE REPRESENTED EMPLOYEE (NERE)
Agency: State of Michigan
Address: 400 South Pine Street Lansing, Michigan, 48909
Phone: (800) 788-1766