Perspecta Business Systems Analyst Technical Specialist in Lansing, Michigan
Business Group Highlights
Civilian, State and Local
Perspecta’s Civilian, State and Local segment partners with the U.S. Federal Civilian State and Local governments to provide infrastructure services, business solutions, and digital transformation services that help them achieve policy objectives and integrate citizen-centric services.
The IT Business Analyst works with the business to identify requirements and think critically about what will make it successful; write user stories and epics that effectively communicate the business’ requirements that are easily consumed by IT project teams. The IT Business Analyst attends and leads business stakeholder meetings; provides project status reporting to leadership; assist with testing scenarios and validates results. The IT Business Analyst creates deliverables such as process flows, wireframes, mockups and functional prototypes to effectively communicate design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors. The IT Business Analyst prepares and delivers client presentations. This person advocates on behalf of business to IT, and advocates on behalf of IT to the business. The IT Business Analyst becomes a Subject Matter Expert on a variety of business processes and business applications. The analyst is expected to go beyond just reading and understanding information, to making sense of it, and finding patterns for improvement. Supports business applications and troubleshoots and resolves applications issues.
· Assess customer requirements and match system solutions to optimize software development and operations efficiencies
· Define configuration specifications and business analysis requirements based on customer requirements
· Deliver elements of systems design, business rules, wireframes, data migration rules, or other detailed deliverables
· Operate as the liaison between the functional and technical resources and participate in the waterfall or agile software development process for the creation of system functionality; including upgrades, system modifications, day-to-day problem analysis, and issue tracking to enhance our integration
· Operate as subject matter expert (SME) resource for the customer and the software development teams, including solution support for existing functionality and generating enhancement requirements for system improvement
· Perform data analysis and quality assurance Report on common sources of technical issues or questions, or key insights and findings, and make recommendations to product team to deliver better value to the client
· Formulates solution options, risk identification, and financial analyses such as cost/benefit and return on investment decisions.
· Documents detailed description of stakeholder needs, solution functions, and actions required to create or modify technology systems.
Has knowledge of relational database concepts, and client-server concepts.
· Eight or more years of experience in a Business Analyst Role in the Information Technology field.
· Eight or more years of experience working as liaison between business and technical staff.
· Six or more years of experience performing requirements gathering and joint application development sessions with business stakeholders and users.
· Four or more years of experience documenting business processes, diagrams, and workflows.
· Four or more years of experience producing both functional and technical requirements documentation including EPICS, Features, and User Stories.
· Four or more years of experience leading project/product artifact and system design reviews with peers and system specialists
· Four or more years of experience with Agile principles, such as Scaled Agile Framework / Scrum methodology (creating product and sprint backlogs, user stories)
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Detail oriented and able to quickly absorb and apply key aspects of the projects
· Able to function effectively in a fast paced work environment
· Ability to train end user on software solutions
· Able to handle multiple priorities
· Able to deliver against deadlines with reasonable accuracy
· Good interpersonal skills; ability to work independently as well as part of a team
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Able to effectively deal successfully with a large variety of management personnel and users
· Capability of giving attention to detail while still understanding and dealing with the global aspects of the project
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector—from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO at https://perspecta.com/eeo-aa Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
- Perspecta Jobs