GHSP Help Desk Technician in Holland, Michigan
Purpose of the Job:
Ensures that computer systems are kept up to date and are running with optimal efficiency. Applies understanding and knowledge of information technology products and services to assist IT Services users. Identifies, investigates and researches user questions and problems. Functions as the frontline to IT Services and correlates issues, supports research, isolation and resolution of information technology problems. Coordinates referrals or incident escalations to appropriate technical, professional, or service personnel for appropriate services, repairs, training, and follow-up. This includes but is not limited to all computers, operating systems, application software, printers, scanners and network access.
This position works as part of a Call Center team and has responsibility to be logged in and supporting end user inquires over the phone via the Call Center and through an online ticket queue.
Essential Job Responsponsibilities:
- Provides first tier, frontline user support.
- Provide the customer a high-quality customer service experience
- Create, update, and handle incident or service requests submitted by end users
- Positively represent the company, the IT Services team, and the applications and services they support.
- Properly communicate with each customer
- Support setup (installation and configuration), maintenance and issue troubleshooting for any/all connected desktop devices. This includes all devices that report to our central management system, Configuration Manager.
- Develops and maintains documentation for all PC systems. Documents entire systems installation processes including operating systems, application software, and attached peripherals. Supports in the maintance and audit of current computer assets, including location, usage, and historical changes.
- Participates as a member of the JSJ IT Services Team. Participates in ongoing development, communication and implementation of team concepts, programs and policies. Coordinates work to ensure best practices with all team members. Attends appropriate team meetings. As a member of the JSJ IT Services Team, fosters strong cohesiveness regarding all major issues; e.g., direction, annual plan, budget, policy changes, etc. Accepts responsibility to quickly identify any areas of lack of cohesiveness, bringing them to the attention of the team leader and working with the team in a supportive manner to resolve issues affecting cohesion. Actively look for ways, and reinforce actions needed, to achieve synergy within the larger IT and business organization(s).
- Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. This position description is intended to guide the activities of the Help Desk Technician. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person working in this function nor is it intended to describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
Associates Degree in Computer Science or similar field
Technical Experience Requirements/Skills/Competencies:
- Experience in desktop/help desk support. Certifications in Microsoft or Network disciplines are preferred.
- Computer Skills. Strong understanding of computers, operating systems, and technologies. Ability to install software safely in accordance with documented procedures. Strong understanding of Microsoft OS and Office installed programs, LAN/WAN technologies. Should be comfortable and literate working with and supporting users with installed and web based applications.
- Customer Service skills.Pleasant to interact with, professional. Able to work with a diverse group of customers and deliver outstanding support. Maintains a sense of urgency and works collaboratively to resolve customer issues. To be successful in this role the individual must be a curious learner; seeking to learn from the customer their requirements and clarifying the impact and urgency of a request to apply the appropriate solution.
- Organizational Skills. High level of organization and prioritization skills with strong attention to detail. This role requires being able to move from one task to another without interval. Role requires Includes answering calls from a Call Center, entering work into a ticketing system and managing a queue of tickets.
- Job Safety Skills.Demonstrated knowledge of safety hazards in order to perform job duties safely and effectively.
REQ NUMBER: 590
AREA OF INTEREST: IT