GHSP Electronics Hardware Engineering Manager in Holland, Michigan
GHSP is a leading global supplier of mechanical and electromechanical systems to the automotive, transportation and appliance industry. We serve our customers, our owners, our communities, our suppliers and each other through the values that define us as a company: Earn Trust, Learn by Doing, Work Together, and Steward the Legacy of our founders.
GHSP is built on relationships, both within the company and with customers around the world. We offer a place where the investments people make in the future of their company are rewarded by the investments the company makes in them. A place where innovation and creativity can grow. A place where collaboration and teamwork flourish. A place where you can do what you love and make a living doing it.
GHSP is seeking a *Electronics Hardware Engineering Manager *to lead the hardware team at our World Headquarters in Holland, Michigan.
About the Position
The Electronic Hardware Engineering Manager is responsible for the organizational structure and management of the Electronics Engineering functions including digital and analog circuit design and analysis, PCB layout, prototype build and functional test. Works with the other GHSP functional engineering, manufacturing and customer teams to deliver quality electronics in support of the company and customer objectives.
- Hire, develop, mentor, and manage staff; set department and individual goals; manage staff career development and training; conduct performance evaluations.
- Provide electrical engineering and project management expertise to support project engineering teams, to ensure that the stated safety, quality, reliability, schedule and budget objectives are met.
- Fully understand the scope of new projects, recognize how that scope is both generated and impacted by other disciplines, and identify scope change.
- Leads the analog and digital circuit design through analysis and simulation, EMC design including the support for PCB layout, EMC test plan development, troubleshooting EMC anomalies, product specification negotiation, hardware-in-the-loop testing, overseeing the testing of prototypes, and following the development through to production.
- Ensures lean development principals are leveraged across the organization to reduce waste and rework.
- Acts as the keeper of engineering standards as to how the Hardware team is performing work. Ensures those standards are appropriately communicated, consistently applied and monitored for opportunities to improve.
- Supports new business development and the quote process by providing technical leadership, to insure accurate and timely response to the customer including resource and technical content needs.
- Plans for, prepares, and manages budgets for individual development projects and capital expenses.
- Works directly with customer engineers, and team members, to negotiate some product requirements.
- Includes leading and mentoring the efforts of engineers who are responsible for project activities.
- Actively supports the compliance with GHSP global development systems and standards.
- Promotes engineering and process change management effectiveness.
- Champions the establishment of formal product design guidelines and processes within the context of the GHSP Global Product Development Process.
- Develops and leverages global capabilities and teams to efficiently develop products.
In order to be successful in the Electronic Hardware Engineering Manager role, applicants will be considered given the following criteria:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field required. Master's Degree preferred.
- Ten (10) years of engineering experience to include electronic hardware design, and three (3) years of engineering management experience.
- Experience in the automotive electronics field to include electromechanical mechanisms; electronic design of transmission systems preferred.
- Experience in appliance control electronics is beneficial.
- Be able to coordinate program activities with team members at remote locations.
- Have embedded H/W design experience for automotive applications.
- Have experience interfacing with customers.
- Have experience in coordinating with global development teams.
REQ NUMBER: 586
AREA OF INTEREST: Engineering