Peckham, Inc. USDA Help Desk Supervisor-2 in Grand Rapids, Michigan
Staff jobs are NOTa part of Peckham's vocational rehabilitation efforts. These positions are supportive roles. Therefore, applicants do not need to have a barrier to employment to be eligible for these roles. * *
The IT Service Desk Supervisor provides leadership and direction to Service Desk Technicians on the federal government Tier 1 Service Desk. The responsibilities include scheduling, staffing, training, record keeping, performance appraisals, and other supervisory departmental duties. This position will assist in the help desk operations and provide coaching and one-on-one training to tier 1 IT Service Desk Technicians. The IT Service Desk Supervisor also assists in providing quality monitoring and guidance to Tier 1 IT Service Desk Technicians.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Lead a team of 10+ agents and provide guidance to all Peckham policies and procedures
- Supervise the service center representative team by helping with training and development, coaching, counseling, and performance management
- Assist with discipline steps and corrective actions, when necessary
- Run team meetings and deliver necessary updates to team
- Coach failed calls and provide constructive feedback
- Ensure Quality of calls is meeting standard requirements and complete extended monitors on quality
- Stay up to date on the day-to-day operations. This includes checking the call in line, sending updates to other departments and teams, and walking the floor for overage.
- Track daily team attendance and discussion logs and upload information into Workday
- Take calls and assist customers on the phones, when needed
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Build and maintain relationships with internal partners and stake holders
- Direct and assign work as appropriate
- Train, coach, and adapt to the needs of the team
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Promote Peckham’s vision, values, and services to all customers and stakeholders
- Assist in maintaining organization wide quality standards
- Attend meetings as needed
- Miscellaneous related duties as assigned
This position may require the employee on occasion to work shifts when not normally scheduled, including weekends.
This job has supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to build relationships with internal partners and stakeholders
- Ability to train others and adapt to their style/needs
- Ability to assess individuals’ work using a performance evaluation tool
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to motivate team members to complete assignments
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality
- Ability to give constructive feedback and correction
- Great decision making capabilities
- Experience developing a successful team
- Effective communication skills
- Problem solving capabilities
- Strong emphasis on quality
- Ability to focus on gaining and maintaining results
- Time management skills required
- Ability to train others
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 1-2 years’ experience in a call center environment
- 6 months – 1 year experience in a supervisor or team lead capacity
- High School Diploma required
- Familiarity or ability to learn Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Ability to learn various computer systems, including OnTime, Uptivity, and Avaya Call Management System (CMS)
Ability to speak and write English in supervisory-level communications and procedures in clear detail.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND COMMENTS
Individual must be able to obtain National Security Clearance, pass criminal background checks and pass and maintain any security or criminal clearances as required.
The work environment is within a L.E.E.D. certified building, providing outside light to most areas. It is a call center environment, with many cubicles in the main area, up to date furniture, and beautiful art throughout the facility. The noise level can increase during high call volume times, but will be such as a typical call center environment.
This position requires passing and maintaining federal and state security background checks. Must have access to reliable transportation. U.S. Citizenship required due to security clearances.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Posted 5 Days Ago
- Full time
Worker Sub-Type: Staff Member
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Business Line: Business Services Supervisors
Time Type: Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40First Shift (United States of America)