Danaher Corporation Senior Systems Engineer in Grand Rapids, Michigan
X-Rite, a Danaher Company, recognized nationally as one of the “Best & Brightest Companies to Work For” is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team in Grand Rapids, Michigan!
In this role, you will define and implement complex system requirements through project teams. Technical responsibility for system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility. Coordinates design of subsystems and integration of total system. Identifies, analyzes and resolves project deficiencies. Develops and recommends corrective actions.
· High involvement in Concept and Definition based on understanding customer needs.
· Learning Domain specific knowledge, interacting with customers directly.
· Owns project technical feasibility.
· Refines conceptual direction for implementation success in project execution phases.
· Ensures robust & timely new product design, design related reliability and design related quality.
· Directs design support for existing products.
· Investigates new technologies and experiments related to the practical application of scientific theories and processes for assigned systems.
· Refines product platform technology to maximize flexibility and extensibility.
· Maintains and facilitates relationships with customers, suppliers and cross-functional disciplines.
· Mentors, coaches and builds talent depth as related to assigned systems.
· Serves as a Technical System Expert in area of competence (Domain)
· Owns Optimal Architecture.
· Assist with Concept definitions.
· Refines conceptual system architecture.
· Specifies system design and feeds team.
· Monitors customer focused system design.
· Works closely with ATD to deploy new tech
· Executes through PM’s but champion effort
· Serves as the technical lead on NPD and existing product design activities
· Refines initial product requirements from Marketing and develops product specifications
· Works to ensure all customer requests beyond approved developments are routed through and coordinated with marketing
· Works with the product test group to establish acceptance criteria at the onset of NPD programs
· Works with operations to ensure adequate coordination of all operations related deliverables and ensure DFM standards are met.
· Oversees coordination of all technical deliverables (design, test, SW, Agency) per plan commitments for NPD and MOL programs
· Executes technical research and development activities per plan
· Acts to maximize design productivity and extensibility through careful architecture planning and standardization
· Works to continuously improve current product cost, reliability and quality
· Responsible for defining projects before Development phase starts
· Responsible for technical product definition for NPD plans
· Responsible for technical execution of NPD programs initiated, design related quality, reliability, cost and timing commitments
· Responsible for overall platform design strategy and extensibility
· Responsible for execution of competitive R & D efforts needed to maintain competitive edge and further value add to our customers
As an ideal candidate, you’ll possess:
Bachelor of Science in Electronic Engineering or equivalent experience demonstrated by a minimum of 7 years direct product / system design.
7+ years of direct product and/or system design experience in a commercial product development environment.
Mastery of multiple disciplines such as Hardware, Firmware, Mechanical and//or Optical systems is essential.
Experience in a majority of the following areas are required:
· Product / System Design
· Creation of Design Requirements
· Design Analysis
· Product Reliability and Quality Systems
· Product Testing
· Design Control Methods
Here's what X-Rite Pantone will offer you:
• Benefits galore. Comprehensive benefits package, wellness program, paid parental leave, 401(k) options, profit sharing program, casual dress code, on-site yoga classes and more!
• Work/Life balance. A rich Vacation/PTO package and 13 PAID holidays!
• A great culture. One where the best team wins. You’ll love working with our team in a fast-paced, collaborative and continuous improvement environment.
• Opportunities for growth. At X-Rite, we value employee growth. As an associate of X-Rite/Pantone there are many opportunities to grow professionally and personally through training, mentoring/coaching and additional job responsibilities. As part of Danaher, you can grow your career across five high-impact industries, six continents and more than 20 global operating companies – we are committed to hiring from within, wherever possible, and supporting your mobility.
• The chance to give back to our community.
• Work for an organization that is dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. Join us on our D&I journey.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.
- Danaher Corporation Jobs