WindStream Communications Network Technician II in Grand Rapids, Michigan
This is both Customer Facing & Network
Will be in the Grand Rapids and Flint, MI markets
* Performs routine installation, maintenance, and repair activities for network systems including voice, data, network, transport, and video equipment. -
* Presents and conducts self in a professional manner; promotes positive company image to the public. * Completes post installation tests for call processing functionality and AMA testing. * Performs monthly routine maintenance tasks. Coordinates central office translations activities.
* Effective communication and customer service skills.
* Basic math and PC skills.
* Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
* Basic understanding of telecommunications voice and data networks.
* Knowledge of computer hardware, software, components, and applications.
* Ability to distinguish colors in use of color-coded cable. Ability to work outside in all weather conditions. * Ability to use equipment with maximum load capacity of 275 lb. * Capable of working aloft, climbing, bending, pulling, reaching overhead, and lifting up to 50 lbs. * Must successfully complete required safety training. * Must be available to work assigned schedules and extended hours including day, evening, weekend, and holiday hours. * Required to respond to after hour call-outs. * Valid driver's license and safe driving record.
*Minimum Requirements: *
Associate Degree in a technical discipline and 4-6 years technical/telephony experience with 4 years directly related to the job; or 6 years of directly related telephony or network operations experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience required.
*Desired Qualifications: * * * Understanding of various network technologies. Training/certifications in applicable system platforms and equipment. Knowledge and experience in network systems including voice, data, network, transport, and video equipment. Knowledge and experience in using test equipment for trouble shooting products and services.
Primary Location: *US-Michigan-Grand Rapids
Job Category: Field Operations
Requisition ID: 20002633
Other Locations: US-Michigan, US-Michigan-Flint, US-Michigan-Lansing, US-Michigan-Kalamazoo
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.
- WindStream Communications Jobs