KARL STORZ Endoscopy America, Inc. Field Integration Technician OR1 [Grand Rapids, MI] in Grand Rapids, Michigan
The Field Integration Technician supports a positive customer experience by performing basic Field Operation duties of audio-visual based integration systems within an operating room environment to include physical placement of equipment, installation, termination and interconnection of all cables, and initial testing of equipment functionality per test documentation as required. Exhibits professionalism at all times by following SOPs and work instructions, documenting quality standards, reporting system anomalies, and utilizing technology to complete administrative requirements. Supports a specified geographic region and/or other regions as assigned. The service region for this role is: Northern IL, Eastern WI, and Michigan (must reside within the area east of Chicago to Grand Rapids, MI).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Level II Technician or above to perform installation of operating room integration deliverables to include cable handling, cable terminations, rack and field terminations, and equipment mounting.
- Based upon the needs of the business, may be called upon to work independently to perform service related activities including troubleshooting, root cause analysis, repair and complete quality documentation.
- Utilizes technology (iPhone, computer, and related software and applications) to perform administrative duties as assigned to ensure effective planning, utilization, and required document completion. This includes, but is not limited to: being responsible for following established schedules set forth by senior level technicians, Project Manager and/or Manager of Field Operations; communicating effectively with internal and external Customers; performing base level troubleshooting of equipment, gaining proficiency in KARL STORZ technologies; and maintaining responsibility for personal tools and keeping tool kit up to date.
- Responsible for achieving customer satisfaction in the Field Operations process by meeting established deadlines as well as quality and efficiency standards per SOPs.
- Responsible for maintaining up to date hospital credentialing portfolio. Follows hospital protocol and KARL STORZ standards of professional conduct when working with customers, management, and fellow employees. Utilize customer protocols when entering and exiting facilities and abide by all KARL STORZ protocols and procedures.
- Responsible for managing travel and equipment expenses in a cost effective manner.
- Assigned tasks relating to job site work are maintained in an organized and clean manner.
- Execute tasks as assigned by senior level Technician or management.
- Attends technical update classes in the field, or in Stafford, TX, as scheduled.
- Performs other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Basic understanding of Cable Terminations: ability to perform Solder, Crimp, Compression, and Punch-Down connections for audio, video, network, control, and power devices
- Basic understanding of Cable Media: ability to distinguish Coax, Mini-Hi- Res, Copper, Multi-Conductor, CAT-5, and Fiber Optic Cabling
- Basic understanding of Cable Handling: ability to maintain proper cable pull techniques
- Rack and Field Termination: ability to maintain uniform cable dressing and secure system connections
- Able to mount AV equipment such as wall displays and speakers
- Basic exposure to Crestron and AMX control systems, audio consoles, power amplifiers, digital signal processors, video matrix switchers, video scalers, PC interfaces, computer controls and digital video recorders
- Able to read and understand schematics
- Able to use hand tools
- Must be able to work cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent, polished customer interaction skills. Ability to communicate professionally and articulately with customers
- Energetic with a desire to learn and develop new skills
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 1-2 years electro mechanical installation or commercial audio visual integration installation experience, residential audio visual experience may be substituted.
- Position requires routine walking, bending, kneeling, and squatting, sitting, standing, reaching, and twisting.
- Must perform work from floor level to above shoulder height. Must routinely lift/lower/carry 1 to 35 pounds, lift/lower 36 to 49 pounds and lift/lower 50 to 100+ pounds.
- Must climb ladders and work above floor height. Must crouch, stoop or squat to work inside or under equipment, or move through low headroom spaces.
- Position requires routine pushing, pulling, grasping and manual dexterity in the use of hands, arms and shoulders.
- Walking great lengths at a time and standing for extended periods of time.
- Able to work in tight spaces.
- Push/pull wheeled transporters and/or palletized product using up to approximately 50 lbs of force.
- Work in and around hospital personnel, sensitive medical equipment and patients.
- Good driving record and the ability to travel up to 80%, throughout US, Canada and Mexico to customer sites that include, but are not limited to: hospitals, operating rooms, laboratories, and surgery centers.
- Flexible scheduling may be required to accommodate customer needs. This may include working outside of an 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM workday. May be required to work evening, early morning, or weekend shifts as needed to complete projects.
Job Code: 9202
Employment Duration: Employee Full Time
Pay Grade: US-B10