Danaher Corporation Electrical Design Engineer in Grand Rapids, Michigan
Danaher Company Description
X-Rite is the global leader in color measurement and color management, offering hardware, software and services for measuring, formulating and matching color. The company serves a range of industries, including automotive, paints, plastics, textiles, printing, packaging, photography, graphic design, video, and medical. X-Rite serves customers worldwide from its offices in Europe, Asia and the Americas.
X-Rite, known as one of “West Michigan’s Best & Brightest Companies to Work For” is seeking an Electrical Design Engineer to join our team in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
The primary responsibility of this role is to own the design of electrical systems for color analyzing instruments. This includes maintenance and improvement of existing electrical designs. This position will require expertise in electrical system architectures including digital, microprocessors such as ARM-based, system on module (SOM), and others, UI elements such as displays, touch screens, buttons and LED’s, analog, power supplies and regulators, opto-electric systems such as photodiodes, low-noise amplifiers, and LED illumination, motor controllers, communication interfaces such as i2c, SPI, Ethernet, and USB, and wireless technologies such as WiFi and Bluetooth.
- Design and develop new electrical systems for use in color analysis instruments.
- Develop platforms and baseline designs to promote commonality and consistency across product lines.
- Design and develop improvements to existing electrical systems currently being produced.
- Base solutions designs from customer requirements, market requirements and state of the art electrical technology
- Lead and support electrical component qualification and testing
- Ability to work with compliance engineers for compliance testing of new designs
- Assess and assure product quality such as board and system test
- Properly create and maintain relevant documentation
- Open minded approach to solving problems individually and in team environments
- Communicate directly with customers and vendors
- Mentor and train Engineering Support and Manufacturing Engineering personnel where required
- Ability to design and function in a highly competitive fast paced demanding environment
- Job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, M.S. in Electrical Engineering preferred
- 5 years of electrical design experience of both digital and analog circuits
- Experience using schematic capture tools such as Mentor Graphics Schematic capture or similar software
- Experience using and understanding PCB layout tools such as PADS PCB layout or similar software
- Experience designing digital CMOS and CCD camera interfaces
- Experience designing FPGA and VHDL interfaces
- Skilled with programming tools for developing and testing designs, such as C, C , and LabVIEW.
- Experience designing instrumentation a plus
- Color Science knowledge a plus
- Ability to perform the above mentioned essential job functions
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-MI-Grand Rapids
Req ID: X-R000981