GHSP Software Engineer in Grand Haven, Michigan
GHSP is currently looking for a Software Engineer to work in our world headquarters in Grand Haven, Michigan.
About the Position:
At GHSP, the Software Engineer designs, develops and implements embedded software for our products, and is responsible for the development of software tools used to develop future products.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Develop Embedded Software with theGM Software Team.
- Responsible for all facets of the Embedded Software design and development process
- Design and implementation of Embedded Software for company products and development of software tools.
- Requirements analysis; high and low-level design, coding, unit level tests, integration, integration tests, requirements testing, and clear documentation.
- Provide design, implementation, documentation, debugging and manufacturing support of Embedded Software for company products and software tools.
- Applies current professional, regulatory and company practices and procedures to develop new products.
- Participates in software design reviews.
- Interfaces with the customer and works to eliminate ambiguities in customer specifications or wants, and assists with requirements documentation.
- Work with outside software development subcontractors and vendors.
- Work with internal Software development team, sharing technical knowledge and experience.
- Support software validation and verification activities; may direct lab technicians in product testing.
- Re-create and debug reported issues using CAN logs debugger and requirements
- Perform SW testing and gather information for releases (Tessy, Klocwork, Release notes, CPU % utilization, etc.)
- Assist with Software Development Quoting and Planning Activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering, or equivalent preferred
- 5+ years of Embedded Software Experience in embedded, real- time modular software development using C language in embedded automotive applications
- Ideal candidate will have experience with:
- LIN and CAN, Vector / AUTOSAR experience is a “plus”.
- Expert level C programming skills and software design/development/test tools
- Understanding of standard software processes and industry requirements, including CMMI, ISO, IEEE, MISRA, etc
- Ability to read schematics and assist Hardware engineers in developing and debugging LIN, CAN, SPI, I2C interfaces, microcontrollers, logic gates, and Analog to Digital interfaces
- Experience with Real-time OS, pre-emptive and multi-tasking, and simple schedulers.
- Experience with CMMI or similar SW development process
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
At GHSP, we serve our customers, owners, communities, suppliers and each other through the four values that define us as a company: Earn Trust, Learn by Doing, Work Together, and Steward the Legacy* of our founders.*
These simple, yet powerful ideas form the foundation of a work environment in which people are recognized for their work. People can develop and grow here in a strong team environment where creativity and innovation are woven into the fabric of everyday life and work. Great people and great teams produce great outcomes for our customers and the communities where we do business.
Learn more at about our joining the growing, global GHSP team at www.ghsp.com/en/careers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Department: 730-Software Engineering-US
Location: Grand Haven, MI