Continental Sr. Software Development Engineer in Grand Blanc, Michigan
Sr. Software Development Engineer
Grand Blanc, MI
CNXMotion, LLC is looking for a Software Development Engineer to support activities at our facility in Grand Blanc, Michigan. The research and development facility is staffed with creative engineers and we take pride in our start-up culture in the automotive industry. Engineers are tasked with creating new solutions with documented development for use in advancing steering and brake products for Nexteer and Continental. This position gives you the opportunity to be flexible and try out new ideas and roles in a project (i.e. vehicle work, rapid prototyping, etc.) with a focus on Motion control for automated driving.
• Lead software architecture planning, design, implementation, and code reviews for systems including Electronic Power Steering, Electronic Brakes, and Motion Control
• Integrate auto code features from MATLAB designs and models into software applications
• Debug, analyze, and problem solve diagnostic and functional implementation failures of the system
• Understand an ASIL architecture and functional safety implementations of embedded systems
• Design, document, and implement a world-class reusable software architecture based upon generated requirements to comply with automotive SPICE and ISO 26262
• Utilize vehicle dynamics knowledge in the development of motion controls
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
● Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent engineering discipline
● 5 plus years of software development or controls/algorithm development experience
● Experience creating C language code for embedded systems/control modules/microcontrollers
● Experience running software verifications to requirements (SiL, PiL, HiL), including debugging and problem resolution
● Experience with Matlab / Simulink model-based design
● Experience with software configuration management systems (i.e. Synergy, MKS), requirements management tools (i.e. MKS) and architectural design tools such as Enterprise Architect
● Familiarity with automotive communication protocols (CAN, CAN FD, FlexRay)
● Knowledgeable in vehicle dynamics
● Excellent communication skills and a desire to work with people in a collaborative environment
No relocation available for this opening.
● Preferred experience with DaVinci Developer and Configurator, Tresos tool experience
● Understanding of ISO 26262 functional safety concepts and its impact on software development
● Expertise in Vector based analysis and development tools, cross compilers and cross assemblers, microcontrollers and common peripherals
● 3+ years of Matlab / Simulink experience
● 3+ years of vehicle dynamics experience
● Experience in formal requirements and traceability to test
● Experience developing in Multi-core/Multi-processor products
● Ethernet networking experience
● Experience in embedded Linux product development
● Tool configuration (Compiler, Simulink Coder, tresos, debugger)
● Tool development – Scripting (Python, PERL, Linux shell)
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Autonomous Mobility and Safety Business Area integrates safety technologies and controls vehicle dynamics to ensure safe and comfortable driving. The objective is to implement "Vision Zero", the vision of accident-free driving. Autonomous Mobility and Safety's components and system capabilities are prerequisites for autonomous mobility.
Engineering, Research and Development
Autonomous Mobility and Safety (AMS)
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
- Continental Jobs