United States Steel Quality Assurance Analyst I in Ecorse, Michigan
9579BRMid-Level:Automotive Solutions - Quality & Operational Excellence Work Location:GREAT LAKES WORKSJob Description:The Quality Assurance Analyst position will be instrumental in assuring that product conforms to internal and external requirements and will drive and support the quality systems in the most cost effective, valued added way. This position will be responsible for a wide variety of functions but not limited to the following:
• Provides technical and quality system support including rejection analysis and process improvement recommendations
• Manages the quality systems. Facilitates problem-solving teams for customer complaints; updates systems with formal responses and supporting data as required.
• Develops and reviews various quality reports. Tracks performance, analyzes data, and reports on quality metric trends with recommendations (daily, monthly, quarterly).
• Performs quality audits, initiates/assists with corrective actions and completes follow-up audits for verification.
• Dispositions non-conforming product. This includes responding to nonconforming material occurrences from initial containment through investigation and disposition.
• Works with quality engineers to incorporate process changes in procedures and work instructions, as needed.
• Supports continuous improvement activities, facilitates kaizen events, works to improve the quality of the process through reduction of variation and elimination of waste.
• Associate's Degree or an equivalent combination of experience and education. Technical degree preferred.
• At least 3 years of experience in quality, manufacturing or closely related field. Experience in steel or heavy industrial manufacturing is preferred
• Familiarity with IATF 16949 quality systems is a plus
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent communication and problem solving skills, with a strong focus on continuous improvement, cost avoidance and a sense of urgency
• Demonstrated ability in developing collaborative relationships to achieve results.
• Effective written, verbal and presentation skills.
•Must be a self-directed individual, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.Auto req ID:9579BRCompany:United States Steel CorporationCountry:United StatesRequisition Type:US-ExemptPosting Title:Quality Assurance Analyst - Great Lakes WorksState/Province:US - MIWork Location - City:Ecorse Company Overview:Steel is essential to advancing modern society. In fact, countless aspects of our lives wouldn’t be possible without it. From state-of-the-art household appliances and safer, more fuel-efficient automobiles — to steel framing that makes our homes stronger and tubular products that support the development of our nation’s energy resources — our products build quality of life for people around the world. U. S. Steel is on an exciting transformational journey to become the iconic corporation — a company set apart from the competition through the talent of our people, the quality of our product, and the strength of our performance. We are seeking talented, motivated people to help us create the next generation of U. S. Steel, known for consistently out-performing the competition, delivering superior returns, and creating value for our customers as a world-class supplier of innovative steel products and solutions.Competency Summary:As an individual contributor, qualified candidates for this role also must demonstrate the ability to champion change and effective communication while contributing to team success.Equal Employment Opportunity:U. S. Steel is a principled company committed to its core values of safety, diversity & inclusion, environmental stewardship, results & accountability, and focus on cost, quality, and customer. We promote an environment of respect, communication, and collaboration – encouraging new ideas that drive innovation and our collective success. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.