Michigan IT Jobs

Mobile michigan-jobbank Logo

Job Information

Michigan State University(MSU) Research Associate-Fixed Term in East Lansing, Michigan

h3Position Summary/h3 The Facility for Rare Isotope Beam (FRIB) invites applications for a research associate, post-doctoral, position within the Electron Cyclotron Resonance (ECR) ion source group of the Operations Department. Support the FRIB operations department in delivering ion beams from a 14 GHz ECR ion source for injection into the superconducting linac during commissioning of the FRIB accelerator and lead the commissioning effort of the new 28 GHz superconducting ECR ion source. Of particular interest are development of metallic beams and optimization of the ion sources intensity and stability. \; h3Required Degree/h3 Doctorate -Atomic, plasma or accelerator physics h3Minimum Requirements/h3 Applicants should have a Ph.D. in atomic, plasma or accelerator physics\; experience with ECR ion sources would be preferred. Additional experience with vacuum systems, mechanical design and ion beam optics would be advantageous. Ability to work with export controlled technology. h3Required Application Materials/h3 Interested candidates should send a letter of application, a CV, and arrange for three letters of reference to be sent directly to Dr. Guillaume Machicoane, FRIB, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824-1321, or e-mail to machicoane@frib.msu.edu. h3Special Instructions/h3 Review of applications will begin on April 24 and continue until the position is filled. h3Review of Applications Begins On/h3 04/24/2019 h3Website/h3 www.frib.msu.edu h3MSU Statement/h3 Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.