EJ Communication Specialist in East Jordan, Michigan
EJ has an immediate opening for a Communications Specialist.
Generous Benefit Package that includes: Vacation & Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness Program, 401K (with match), Life Insurance, etc.
About EJ: We are the leader in the design, manufacture, and distribution of access solutions for water, sewer, drainage, telecommunications, and utility networks. We have a presence worldwide and our corporate headquarters is in East Jordan, Michigan.
The core strength of our business is our dedicated employees. Employees who embrace our values, understand the importance of relationships, and strive for excellence. Our values, which have been passed down for generations, are the essence of our company’s identity and our guide for making decisions. Core values at EJ include, safety and security, honesty and integrity, environmental responsibility, respect for others, quality and excellence, and social responsibility.
EJ is a family owned company and remains one of the most stable, progressive, well-tooled manufacturing companies in the world.
Location: East Jordan, Michigan
Responsible for managing internal communications across the organization by working with the regions in developing and distributing internal communications messaging that is consistent across all mediums throughout the company. This role assists the Director, Internal Communications and Talent Management, to ensure the communication strategy is uniform and reflects the strategic vision and communication style of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage internal communications to include review, editing, creating and moderating content.
- Assist Public Relations team with the preparation of press releases and collateral associated with public inquires, interviews, etc.
- Ensure various channels of communication used within the organization are consistent, meet branding guidelines and follow the communication strategy of EJ. Various channels include; videos, social media, training, eLearning, onboarding, orientation, etc.
- Assist with the home page of the Human Capital Management system to ensure consistency with stylization and branding with content on other platforms.
- Assist with the planning and execution of the Global Leaders Group meeting including agenda preparation and working with leaders to prepare, edit and finalize presentations. Provide input on flow, topics and activities at events.
- Promote safety awareness, accident prevention, and employee involvement with regard to a safe work environment. Ensure employees understand the safety expectations of the organization.
- Promotes the company culture, mission vision, brand promise and the core values of the company.
- Other duties as required.
Assist with Group and Regional communications, which may include:
- Memo writing
- Leadership presentations for various events
- Employee communications such as Open Enrollment packets, employee handbooks, and other manuals or guides.
- Assist with in-house eLearning preparation
- Corporate announcements
- Assist preparing internal training or process guides with SME’s.
- Conduct or assist with employee surveys and polls
Digital Communications Platform
- Day to day inquiries, problem-solving and training
- Assist with moderating content and ensure correct branding
- Assist with preparation, translation and distribution of global content
- Oversee folder and administrative securities
- Work with regional groups to promote utilization of platform and content diaries
- Make recommendations to Steering team on enhancement, utilization, etc.
- Work with Director, Internal Communications and Talent Management on strategic planning, contract renewals, RFP process, etc.
- Video Production Coordinate the production of company videos, including but not limited to:
- Annual Safety Video
- Branding Videos
- Executive Level Updates
- Business Summit requirements
- Ad hoc requests as approved
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A or B.S.) from a four-year college or university in communications, journalism, human resources or marketing required. A minimum of 3-5 years of experience or equivalent. Multiple language preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES
- Experience producing various forms of communications; polls, surveys, memos, PowerPoints, interactive presentations, videos, mass communications, etc.
- Experience assisting with written/prepared communications at the Director/Executive level in various formats; scripts, PPT’s, speeches, etc.
- Experience using review/distribution channels such as; YouTube, Vimeo, other Social Media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram).
- Knowledge of video production – Movavi, Vimeo, Wrappt or similar
- Accomplished in preparing corporate level communications; collaborating, writing and proofing.
- Familiar with InDesign or other similar design programs
- Competent with Adobe programs
- Project management and collaboration skills
- Excellent speaking, interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to transform high level thoughts into key messages for diverse audiences.
- Resilient, detail oriented, and willing to accept and give feedback.
- Enjoys collaborating with others – up, down and sideways.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled