Huron Consulting Group Workday Student - Data Conversion Consulting Associate - Higher Ed in Detroit, Michigan
Huron helps its clients drive growth, enhance performance and sustain leadership in the markets they serve. We partner with higher education organizations to develop strategies and implement solutions that enable the transformative change our clients need to own their future. Together, we empower clients to drive innovation, create sustainable funding streams and deliver better student outcomes.
Today, leaders of higher education institutions and academic medical centers are spending too much time reacting to market forces, rather than focusing on the essential priorities that help students, faculty and staff thrive. The most productive path forward requires an intentional approach and innovative thinking, whereby stakeholders across the entire institution rally around a shared vision and embrace the hard work of effecting change.
You’ll help our clients create their future business and technology strategy, attract, retain and graduate students, decrease operating expenses and increase revenue, optimize research operations and improve employee satisfaction, financial management, operational and organizational effectiveness, research administration, and regulatory compliance.
Join our team as the expert you are now and create your future.
An indispensable role… Huron clients approach us with a unique set of challenges so we are constantly on the look-out for outstanding consultants with different types of expertise and knowledge who can uncover, untangle, and tackle the biggest challenges facing the industry. Our capable Associates lead project work streams utilizing Huron tools and methodologies and industry best practices —as well as innovative analytics and technologies to implement complex, comprehensive solutions. Skilled relationship builders, our Associates are responsible for project work stream delivery, work plan management, analytics, reporting and client interface/presentations. They collaborate with client staff and leadership while managing and mentoring junior Huron staff. Everyone works in symphony to achieve a common objective: create and implement viable technology solutions. Associates gain valuable, hands-on consulting experience…and that translates to career growth.
• Participate actively as a Data Conversion consultant on one or more project teams
• Converting Data into Workday using Workday provided loading tools
• Support the validation of data loaded into Workday
• Support clients in mapping legacy data, identifying data quality issues and overall responsibility over conversion activates on the project
• Support key communication to project and client leadership
• Closely follow the strategic direction set by leadership when establishing Workday project goals
• Support the identification of process improvements and changes to our methodology based on project experience
• 2+ years of hands-on experience in a Workday data conversion role using iLoads, EIBs, Customer Central or other Workday data conversion tools
• Huron requires a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
Preferred Skills & Experience
• Current Workday certification
• Knowledge and experience with database products, such as SQL Server or Oracle, entity relationships, SQL and Programming
• 1+ years of experience with XML, XSLT and XPath
• Ability to train and participate in the professional development of Huron staff in both project-management and technical dimensions
• Excellent time-management and prioritization skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and experience with tools such as Excel and Access used to translate information and requirements into documentation and solution design
• Desire and willingness to learn new tools, techniques, concepts, and methodologies
• Enthusiastic about data accuracy and completeness, with a great attention to detail
• Experience with software tools such as Notepad++, UltraEdit, Oxygen XML, AQT, Beyond Compare, ASAP Utilities, etc.
• Substantial and measurable delivery within the data conversion workstreams of 1 or more Workday Student, HCM or Financials implementations
• Excellent communication skills, oral and written, and the interpersonal skills needed quickly to establish relationships of trust and collaboration
*You can live anywhere in the continental US
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.
Huron Consulting Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage to employees and dependents; a 401(k) plan with a generous employer match; an employee stock purchase plan; a generous Paid Time Off policy; and paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Our Wellness Program supports employee total well-being by providing free annual health screenings and coaching, bank at work, and on-site workshops, as well as ongoing programs recognizing major events in the lives of our employees throughout the year. All benefits and programs are subject to applicable eligibility requirements.
Huron is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity to job applicants and employees in recruitment, hiring, employment, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Huron will not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, religion, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, creed, citizenship or any other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we do business. We endeavor to maintain a drug-free workplace. Huron will consider qualified applications with criminal history in accordance with applicable laws.
Job ID: JR-0000726
Category: Higher Education Consulting
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Requisition ID: 9363
Huron Consulting Group
- Huron Consulting Group Jobs