General Motors Wireless Invoice Analyst - GCC0001788 in Detroit, Michigan
About the Global Connected Customer Experience team:
At GCCX, we don’t just build great cars, trucks and crossovers. We design the customer mobility experience. We are developing cutting edge technology on next generation infotainment systems and in-vehicle connectivity. This technology is a key enabler to things like smarter car sharing programs, more advanced active safety and even autonomous driving. The Vehicle and System Operations team and its members operate world’s largest 4G LTE network in the automotive industry, supporting millions of connected vehicles and their services. We make sure that system performance can support business objectives. We drive continuous improvement that directly contributes to GM’s bottom line.
About the Wireless Invoice Analyst :
This person owns of the vendor invoice analysis & validation process, external call detail record feeds, budget forecasting/reporting, and provides light vendor management, for multiple mobile network operators (wireless carriers). At our Detroit center of excellence, this subject matter expert gives oversight to similar role in other global GCCX regions. Responsible to execute processes to ensure vendor invoices are accurate to billing records and contract rates. Work is of a highly analytical nature and requires SQL/Cognos reporting skills to extract/pivot/report focused information in support of data trending, comparison of invoices to both contract rates and forecast budget, and leadership presentation. Look Ahead to drive course corrections to applicable forecasts. Must recognize anomalies and departures from trends in usage and invoices, and engage other stakeholders to obtain details/explanations. Dig below the surface to uncover the underlying cause of the billing/reporting errors and work with vendors by hosting semi-weekly meetings to drive solutions. Be Bold and Win with Integrity to escalate all favorable/unfavorable billing errors alike.
Responsibilities are performed under general direction with latitude for independent action.
- Operational / Technical owner for the receipt, confirmation, query, trending, comparison, analysis, validation, and summary presentation of wireless carrier invoices.
- Build a strong network of relationships with all business owners and mobile network vendors to address issues in a timely manner.
- Lead efforts to identify, prioritize, and close invoice & reporting issues.
- Recognize need for and drive changes to the invoice, feeds, analysis and reports, processes and procedures as the system & product offerings evolve.
- Ensure regular on-time delivery of all carrier invoice, feeds and reports.
- Author shopping carts to drive purchase orders to vendors. Track PO residual value.
- Actively participate in annual, monthly, and ad-hoc budget/forecasting activities with Finance & business owners.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, information systems, accounting, finance, data science, computer science or other related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of relevant invoice or data analysis & presentation.
- Strong technical background or experience in problem solving to identify, prioritize and communicate technical issues in the end to end wireless carrier invoice & reporting process.
- SQL read/writing, Cognos scheduling
- Strong MS Excel skills: calculations, filtering/sorting, internal/external xls file links, complex charting, pivot tables, formatting. Copy/paste cells into PowerPoint.
- Knowledgeable in at least one of the following areas: invoice & billing systems, relational databases, financial reporting, forecasting/budgeting.
- Analytical deep-dive skills where root cause is not always apparent.