Goodwill Industries of Greater Detroit Technical Support Analyst/System Administrator in Detroit, Michigan
Technical Support Analyst/System Administrator
(THIS POSITION WILL BE LOCATED IN PONTIAC MI.)
The Technical Support Analyst/System Administrator is responsible for execution of the overall end user IT support function for their assigned location(s) and for administering and maintaining a number of agency wide systems. Primary responsibilities will be focused on two areas; Technical Support and System Administration. Technical Support duties will include diagnosing and resolving incoming IT requests, building, configuring, installing and upgrading end user laptop and desktop hardware and software as well as printers and other peripheral devices, completion of recurring IT operational and preventative maintenance tasks and closely monitoring and maintaining content of the IT help desk system while staying in regular communication with the end user community. System Administration duties include administration of our HRIS, Client Records, POS, ERP, and Customer Survey systems and our MiWorks mobile application. Experience with salesforce.com administration and programming. Work hands on with a wide range of technologies across multiple lines of business.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred. In lieu of a degree, a high school diploma and equivalent skills and specific training or certifications.
Five (5) years combined technical support and systems administration experience in a Microsoft environment.
Intermediate knowledge of MS Windows Operating Systems, MS Office, Office 365, SharePoint, SCOM, SCCM & WSUS. Ability to setup and operate PCs, servers and peripheral equipment. Capable of organizing random data and communicating effectively. Capable of adapting to new technology that impacts the evolution of the organization’s systems. Intermediate knowledge of Cisco switch configuration. Intermediate knowledge of wireless networking. Working knowledge of Power Shell, SQL, SSRS and HTML. Good communication, time management, technical problem solving skills and independent decision making skills. Strong focus on customer service and professionalism. Must be able to meet performance goals and timelines. Required to remain objective and to appropriately respond while serving internal and external customers.
- Establish and maintain network user security for both external and internal users. Setup user accounts and corresponding access rights to various multi-user applications and data folders.
- Keep accurate records of help desk support calls, service requests, hardware and software inventory.
- Performing network and system recovery operations when required. Assist the Vice President of Information Technology in set up and maintenance of the organization’s network disaster recovery and business continuity processes.
- Allocate and manage network disk space, user folders and the organizations’ email boxes.
- Monitor network performance and resources at headquarters and branch locations. Take necessary actions to maintain optimal network operation
- Provide end user help desk support for hardware, software and peripherals. Perform basic hardware repairs and upgrades as necessary. Communicate effectively with external hardware and software support suppliers when necessary.
- Maintain and support all data networks used in organization operations.
- Assures all systems and software installations conform to corporate and departmental policies, standards and requirements.
- Document and follow IT processes and procedures, maintain a IT help desk knowledgebase.
- Handle highly confidential information/material.
- Provide coverage for other members of the IT team when necessary.
- Generate Ad hoc reporting.
- Perform system administration of agency systems.
- Perform other assignments and duties as required.